03-08-2012 03:49 AM
any ideas on how to get it so it will work? its not that the touch screen is off, even the button to turn it off is frozen. if i restart the computer a couple times it will work again but only for about 10 minutes. anyone know whats wrong or how to fix it?
03-08-2012 05:08 AM
First, download the latest Synaptics driver installer for your relevant operating system from the links below and save it to your Downloads folder.
Next, open windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right click the entry 'Synaptics Pointing Device Driver' and select Uninstall.
When this has completed, restart the notebook.
When windows has fully reloaded, open your Downloads folder, right click the Synaptics installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation. When this has completed, restart the notebook again.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)