Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-p151nr
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

With or without the AC power adapter plugged in to the computer (known good power outlet), the computer will not power up.  The LED located on the left side of the computer where the AC power plug is connected flashes 3 times (white), but does not power up.  Other post I saw said 'continuous' flashing light would be the AC power adapter, but wanted to make sure that is actually the problem before purchasing a new one...  Any support would be awesome!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @joshuaj21,

Welcome to the HP Forum! 

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I understand that the computer will not power on. However, when you connect the AC adapter the light on the power port flashes 3 times.  Please verify that the power cord is not the one on recall. HP Notebook PC AC Power Cord Safety Recall and Replacement Program Announced August 26, 2014 .  Are you using a power/surge bar?  Have you tried a different electrical outlet? Here is a link to  HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Using the AC Power Adapter that may also help.

Please let me know the outcome.

Thanks! If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution"button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. :catvery-happy

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @joshuaj21,

Welcome to the HP Forum! 

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I understand that the computer will not power on. However, when you connect the AC adapter the light on the power port flashes 3 times.  Please verify that the power cord is not the one on recall. HP Notebook PC AC Power Cord Safety Recall and Replacement Program Announced August 26, 2014 .  Are you using a power/surge bar?  Have you tried a different electrical outlet? Here is a link to  HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Using the AC Power Adapter that may also help.

Please let me know the outcome.

Thanks! If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution"button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. :catvery-happy

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.