10-07-2013 05:33 AM
Without your providing the operating system name and type along with the complete product number or product name of your notebook it would be extremely difficult to make any suggestion.
HP has produced and brought to market more than a thousand different models of notebooks and desktop PCs over the years. It is difficult to help you if we don't know which specific model you own..
Method #1: If the notebook will boot into Windows, you can retrieve your Product Number by pressing Fn + Esc key.
Remove the battery and look in the compartment where the battery was installed. You should see a Service tag with printed part number and a product name. Please post the p/n (with all alphanumeric characters) here. Also post the installed CPU type. (AMD or Intel)
If I have helped you to resolve your issue or answered your question, please click the Options link in the post that helped you and then click on the "Mark as Accepted Solution " button
10-07-2013 11:42 AM
* I am an HP employee. *
** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)