05-12-2011 07:13 PM
my keys have recently become unusable. very few keys work and when they do, they type unending strings of letters. i believe that the only letters that work are the asdfjkl line of keys. backspace, delete, caps lock and num lock won't work either. anyone have any ideas on what happened? could it be caused by a virus?
05-12-2011 07:34 PM
Doubtful this is a virus. If you plug in an external USB keyboard, you would know for sure. Take a look at this document:
Look at page 20 and beyond, you'll see the laptop keyboard comes out pretty easily. I would do a little surgery and make sure the connection of the keyboard to the motherboard is secure. It's not nearly as invasive as it sounds. Many times, that cable which just slips into the connector has worked its way out and you're just not getting good contact.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)