Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

how can i contact you??what is your address i think its a hardware problem maybe on the  motherboard..still can't use the notebook up until now..do you have contact number??can you fix it??

HP Recommended

I resolved the problem but I really don't understand.

I have a Pavilion dm1 laptop on Windows 7.

Laptop keyboard and touchpad were frozen but USB mouse and keyboard worked.

Here are the steps I have done:

- Hold down the power button on my laptop; wait until power light closed

- Unplugged power

- Removed the battery and reinserted it

- Push the power button to start the laptop; pressed the ESC key on laptop keyboard to run setup and the keyboard worked!

I just pressed the ENTER button to resume startup and now laptop keyboard and mouse are working! Cannot explain why.

HP Recommended

Worked for me too, and I don't know why either.

I've been trying all sorts of weird suggestion - this is the only one to work.  And so simple too!

Thank you.

HP's lack of meaningful response to what is obviously a widespread problem does them no credit.

HP Recommended

Hi my baby son accidentaly toched my laptop HP 650, and now the right click bottom on the toch pad is not working.

How to activated back again?

I know it must be with a gesture on the touch pad, but....wich gesture????

thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.