Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@Vierstein: Thank you so much! Your tip has worked! Absolutely fantastic.

I too, just had to register only to express my gratitude.

@gagan0810: I don't think you can have only one entry. Did you try "find next"?

HP Recommended

Hi Vierstein

Thank you...I have spent the past 6 months installing win 10...wiping and then reinstalling a Windows 7 64bit Home Premium mirror image, due to the BSOD.

Over the past few days I have tried every available fix I could find on the net, with a new install of win 10 Home(version.104)

Unfortunately your option was the last I tried and the only 'fix' that worked for me

My HP DV 7-6b75nr with dual graphics, now boots with no black screen and very fast(Prior boot was 90 seconds, and awaking was 70 seconds)

Here is my procedure

Exported a copy of the Registry to the desktop

Using "Find' in 'Edit' tab I entered enableULPS (not underlined). Searching was not instantaneous I probably waited nearly 1 minute before the first return showed up

I clicked on the 'found', highlighted line in the registry and a popup showed, I then changed the Value data: from 1 to zero as shown in the referenced page clipping

WARNING: There were other returns that had 'enableULPS…BUT there was an extra couple of letter i.e.NA, behind the exact entry I had entered…'enabledULPS_NA'…DO NOT ADJUST THIS TYPE of registry item

Then enabled "Hibernation" from NEVER to 2100 minutes(something like that!) in both Power and Battery. Then checked that Hibernate was ticked in "Power/Power button settings. There are 4 options at the bottom of the page…see clip below

Ran a sfc scannow which returned no 'integrity violations'

A restart was accomplished extremely fast

Waking with no black screen...very fast...its there in your face!

I may want to un-tick "Allow Windows to download other software updates" from the Windows Update program

Thank you again...real shame the giants here could not provide a resolution!

I have again captured a few different images with different software to have a 'good' image to reinstall if I need to!

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

@involved wrote:

Hi guys, I actually solved today just by switching back my video card settings in bios to dynamic. I did it after disabling the ULPS but that did not affect my boot time. 

Right now I get something like 13 seconds to the login page with the normal 7200 rpm disk. 

Be sure to have the "fast boot option enabled", it did increase my booting speed from about 30 seconds to 13! I hope you guys solve this issue like I did! 

This did it for me. I went and changed back the enableULPS settings to 1 and it's still good.

20 seconds to the desktop. Including a fingerprint login. That's quick. I do have 8GB of RAM and a 500 GB SSD though.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.