HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
01-09-2009 11:20 AM
01-09-2009 06:46 PM
In order to find the correct drivers please tell me the hardware id for the webcam as show in details in device manager:
the id will look something like this:
if you are not sure how to do this, see below: (taken from http://www.instantfundas.com/2008/06/how-to-find-d
- Open Device Manager (Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager)
- The hardware whose drivers are missing will appear as Unknown device , so it's easier to locate the device. (the webcam may acutally appear as webcam)
- Right click on the unknown device and click on Properties.
- Under the Properties window click on Details tab and select Device Instance Id from the drop down box.
- You should see a code similar to this
After that I can research the proper drivers.
01-16-2009 02:30 PM
I have a similar issue. I purchased a Compaq branded gooseneck webcam from Fry's a couple years ago and it is apparently no longer supported. I just need drivers for it though as I know it works and don't have any issues other than the fact I can't use it after reloading my machine.
The Device Instance Id is: USB\VID_04FC&PID_0561\5&11DAD59D&0&2
If anyone can help me find a driver for Windows XP for this thing I would appreciate it.