HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
01-01-2011 06:52 AM
i have Notebook G62-A11Se
and when i try to open any game
i see there is a problem in game screen resolution
there is 3 resolutions only ( 640x480 , 800x600 , 1024x768 )
and my screen right side and left side is empty black
can please help me ??
01-01-2011 10:57 AM
Based on the specification for G62-a11se, the internal resolution of this laptop is 1366x768 ( it is about 16:9 ).
However, the resolution supported in your games are only 4:3.
Those games can not fill the complete LCD screen and therefore leaves a black stripe in both side of your LCD panel.
01-01-2011 09:27 PM
There are many factors that will affect your ability to play any games in your PC.
1. The functions/abilities for the Graphics Controller in supporting 2D, 3D & DirectX operations.
2. Is it a Discrete Graphics Controller or Integrated Graphics Controller?
3. If it is a Discrete Graphics Controller, what is the size of the Frame Buffer ( or the Video RAM for this Graphics Controller ), does it support dual channel VRAM, what is the VRAM bus speed and etc?
4. What is the max. resolution and aspect ratio your LCD panel can support?
5. The Graphics Driver's functions required by your games.
You could have a Discrete Graphics Controller inside your desktop PC and its abilities are far much better than your laptop Graphics Controller.