Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
got this just now from "wes" on that driver said I was fona trust but "verify" before I use it

----------------------------------------

Well that explains why it doesn't appear on the download page for your model. You'll have to trust me then. The information I have says it's the correct one for dm4-3xxx, dv6-6bxx, dv6-6cxx and dv7-6cxx. It may not have been released for all of them yet.

-wes

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

@erico wrote:
 Experts with green avatars are not HP employees. We certainly cannot promise anything on HP's behalf. I didn't jump into the fray because I had nothing to add on the subject at the time.

YOur Belated apology is accepted ... by me at least :TongueOut:

Awaiting your feed back on your experiment, thanks for replying, really :Wink:

Ps. I wonder what happened with Ashkan

HP Recommended

are there any driver released for hp g62-b16st with hd5470 and intel hd 3000????

HP Recommended

per Wes

Different drivers from HP can support the same chipsets. And they're all confusingly named AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver. The differences really are with the models. It's important to get the correct one for your model because that indicates it was tested by HP on that model and it works.

Wait for sp59850. That's what the really smart people are telling me.

-wes

HP Recommended

Could you tell me when it is released? 🙂 I am waiting for this driver for upgrading win8 again.

HP Recommended
Well goal this will be the driver (sp59850) for my model, the dv7t-6c00 with the radeon 7690m xt and Intel 3000.

If you want to ask an HP expert, go here today and ask your questions.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Community-News/Got-Windows-8-Questions-HP-Win8-Expert-Day-November-28-2...
HP Recommended

Specs:

HP TouchSmart tm2t - 1000

ATI Mobility Radeon 4550 and Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family (one of the older generation intel graphics)

When I Install windows 8 onto the computer, only the Intel graphics card is working the ATI graphics card doesn't work and it is impossible to switch. There are no drivers yet to support this.

Any suggestions??

HP Recommended

I´ve read several posts about intel/radeon combo but less about the one I have. Mine is dv6 with Radeon 4200 and Radeon HD5650. My computer functions (overheating though) with 4200 but I don´t have the ability to use HDMI or play newer games.

Why was there nowhere a disclaimer that HP users can update to W8 but be prepared that your computer is rendered pretty useless doing so!!

HP Recommended

@saab93f wrote:

I´ve read several posts about intel/radeon combo but less about the one I have. Mine is dv6 with Radeon 4200 and Radeon HD5650. My computer functions (overheating though) with 4200 but I don´t have the ability to use HDMI or play newer games.

Why was there nowhere a disclaimer that HP users can update to W8 but be prepared that your computer is rendered pretty useless doing so!!

Well, unfortunately there was (sort of). I didn't find it till after the fact myself.  This is the first place we should have started:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ad/windows-8/about-upgrading.html?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001

And note the disclaimer on the page 5 bullets down:

• Please note that if you purchased your system prior to October 1, 2011, HP has not tested these PCs or developed Windows 8 upgrade instructions or drivers for them. Upgrading such systems may be difficult or impossible.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. It is just incredible how a big player like HP can treat customers with such disdain. Acer and Lenovo have for example W8 drivers and they had beta drivers already ages ago.

I would personally be hard-pressed to purchase a HP product ever if I cannot get this one to work properly. Hopefully things will work out however.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.