Question

Top Student
TheXtremesoundz
Message 1 of 7 (5,007 Views)

AMD Catalyst driver not installed properly please help!

OK, i have a HP Pavilion G6 1200sa purchased in December 2011. It has windows 7 home premium sp1 and an AMD vision e2-3000m with AMD RADEON HD 6380G GRAPHICS. I noticed my driver for the amd catalyst was old so i downloaded the new driver off the amd website. After the install i restarted and when i right click on the desktop and click ''AMD CATALYST'' It pops up with ''  no amd graphics driver found'' then has little controls in catalyst. i tried re installing the amd software but it still comes up with that. please help me! 

Honor Student
Goldchamp
Message 2 of 7 (5,001 Views)

Re: AMD Catalyst driver not installed properly please help!

I am having the same issue on my new G6-2123us laptop. AMD Radeon HD 7520G shows up in device manager but i keep getting popups that no driver is installed

Top Student
TheXtremesoundz
Message 3 of 7 (4,995 Views)

if you really need it back you can reinstall windows using hp recovery partition but i can't backup my stuff

Honor Student
Goldchamp
Message 4 of 7 (4,927 Views)

No help on this?

Top Student
TheXtremesoundz
Message 5 of 7 (4,924 Views)

ok i have fixed mine by going to the website with the drivers for my laptop and got the original amd driver from HP.

i have searched for your EXACT one and here it is, download it, unistall your old driver via control panel in windows and install this one:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-103954-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

there you go it is for your exact laptop and your exact graphics card from HP themselfs. this worked for me and i hope it worked for you!

Honor Student
Goldchamp
Message 6 of 7 (4,920 Views)

Thanks for the help and the effort but it still isn't working :smileysad:

Top Student
Emiesteban
Message 7 of 7 (366 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am having the same issue on my new DV7T-6000 CTO laptop. Radeon HD 6490m shows up in device manager with generic VGA display driver, the proper driver not is installed and have a exclamation symbol, if i force the driver from directory of extracted SWSETUP, show message it's not proper for your version of windows

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation