Question

Honor Student
ArnC14
Message 1 of 3 (270 Views)

AMD Display drivers problem

[ Edited ]

Hi.

I need help solving a problems of my laptop:

• "AMD drivers has stopped working and have recovered.." this error have been appearing since i bought my laptop, i didnt know what is was, but because it didnt appear frequently i didnt do any kind of research or something, just leave it like that. Now that i'm doing a lot of things like: Using photoshop, playing a lot of games, streaming videos, etc. this error is bothering me a lot and i dont know what to do at all.
  • At the beggining I use a lot the HP Support Assistant, it was really helpful, but now there's a red triangle in troubleshooting: Performance and Software -> Software, drivers and BIOS. I have looked everywhere but i have no any idea of what those red letters and triangle are pointing me, i tought they were pointing to the drivers because of the error mentioned above, but i updated my drivers and nothing happens it just stay the same.

My laptop is a HP Pavilion dv7-6135dx with the following specs:

- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

- Intel core i5-2410M CPU 2.30GHz

- Intel HD Graphics family and Radeon HD 6490M (Switchable Graphics) 

- 8 GB Ram

- Display 1600x900

- BIOS Version F.1B

Thanks, Arnold 

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 3 (252 Views)

Re: AMD Display drivers problem

Have you tried manually downloading and updating AMD driver and BIOS?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5118...

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
ArnC14
Message 3 of 3 (207 Views)

Re: AMD Display drivers problem

I already tried updating the ADM drivers long ago and it doesnt solved the problem but i dont think the BIOS are the problem here because the error appeared way before the BIOS update, i will try and let you know.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation