Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dm4t-2100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So guys,

AMD.PNGdm.PNG

rightclick1.PNG

I have 2nd generation Intel(R) Dual Core(TM) i5-2410M (2.3 GHz, 3MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz &1GB

Radeon(TM) HD 6470M DDR3 Graphics [HDMI, VGA]

15 days ago,i install window 10 ob my laptop and suddenly everything changed. My radeon graphic card updated to AMD radeon 7400M. Now, ''configure switchable graphics'' doesn't appear under AMD's graphics properties when I right click the desktop. I tried to install back AMD radeon 6470M.but, it automatically goes back to AMD 7400.

I tried every solution i find on forum on different site. Like fresh installation, software like CCleaner, Driver fusion, display uninstaller,etc... Nothing seems like working for me anymore.

PLease help me.
MP

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @mpatel1,

Thank you for your query.

I grasp that you upgraded to Windows 10 your switchable graphics are no longer showing correctly. When you tried to install the correct driver version but it automatically reverts back to the incorrect one.

Would you try uninstalling and deleting the existing drivers from Device Manager.

Scan for hardware changes and let Windows install the drivers.

If that did not help try installing the Windows 8 driver in compatability mode.

Here is a link to a post by @AttackofZaq to guide you through that process.  The process will be the same  for Windows 10.

using Windows 7 drivers in Windows 8

Here is a link to the Pavilion dm4t-2100 Software and Drivers. You want the AMD package as it contains both drivers and will install them correctly.

Please click the thumbs up icon below to say thanks for replying

If this allowed you to overcome your difficulty please choose accepted solution to aid others.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Thank you very much 

So I tried your solution. Sorry to say, but it does not work for me. The problem is still same.

Here, what I did. First, I did reset my laptop. and I let device manager it self installs driver. waited for a few minutes nothing did happen... (only Microsoft basic drivers)...

so I tried what you told me to install in compatibility mode... I did... and this MSG showed up.
FOR INTEL 3000 &

FOR AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6470M

amd.PNG

Soon after my laptop crashed and did not restart... it struck in 100%. Anyway, I was able to start it again later.

So, I tried to install AMD 7400 in compatible mode.not worked

no amd.PNG

so, finally I was able to install and work my laptop properly without any leaking. After installing (without compatible mode) Intel 3000 and AMD 7400. it works just fine, but without the Catalyst Control Center.

original.png

Hey, I am  a big FAN of HP.I had used several products of HP in the past,but never had this king of problem.

If you can still help me that will be great.

Thank you 

MP

HP Recommended

Hi @mpatel1,

Thank you for the update.

I am glad you were able to install the drivers. but it is unfortunage that the catalyst control center did not support the updated drivers.

I hope all is working well.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Sir ,

So now there is no solution to CCC driver. Still the problem is same, my laptop display driver crashes time to time. It always hangs. I can't play even a video.

Is HP going to release Windows 10 drivers for my laptop?

please help me.

Thank you

MP

HP Recommended

Hi @mpatel1,

Thank you for the update.

You can run the HP Support Assistant   as it will try to locate compatible drivers.    I can not comment if or when HP will or won't test your model and Windows 10 as it is unknown.

You may also contact HP support for assistance with this issue.

Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.