Question

Student
TehExodus
Message 1 of 2 (107 Views)

Amd driver has stopped responding!

Hello,  I bought hp pavilion dv6 with 7690m hd, I5 3.3 GHZ and 6gb ram and I have a huge problem, laptop freezing

For example before it crashed very rarely, now it crashes every day at least 5 times, when I'm browsing, or I turn on skype/ts3 it instantly crashes and says amd drivers has stopped responding, but now it freezes and doesn't respond at all, I have to force restart every time, please help!

Student
IvyX
Message 2 of 2 (80 Views)

Re: Amd driver has stopped responding!

[ Edited ]

I have been having the same problem for months with my AMD HD 6700M (freezing during webbrowsing, saying it 'unexpectedly stopped and recovered', but eventually it would just give me the blue screen crashes). It evenutally just totally nuked my OS and I had to buy a new one. The AMD card seemed to work for two weeks after this, but then my computer randomly crashed/froze after booting up a game. Now it just shows me the following message in device manager "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)", meaning that it is not even on and is unusable. When I uninstalled and resinstalled the drivers for it, I could never get it to show up in again in device manager (I restored to an earlier point after it didn't work). Since I am five months out of warranty, HP won't talk to me (unless I pay). 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation