Question
Are you making Bios update for pavilion G6 Series?
Replies (29)

Intern
PMspain
Message 21 of 30 (2,748 Views)

Re: Are you making Bios update for pavilion G6 Series?

My latest exchange with HP through the BBB:

"Travelling back to Canada for HP to look at a brand new unit purchased in Spain is not a viable option. It is also well established that this is not a fault with my particular unit but a design oversight across ALL OF THE G6 RANGE. An examination at a service center cannot accomplish anything. A technician can take any new G6 straight off the production line and it will have this problem. There are hundreds of other G6 owners complaining about the same identical issue on HP's own international support forums. A BIOS update with the "fixed graphics" option is expected, and is the only possible solution, from HP. It is truly that simple. Is HP working on a new BIOS version to adequately address this issue or not?"

File a complaint with the BBB (or similar organization) if you want anything done about this problem. It doesn't matter what country you're in. There needs to be consolidated push by HP customers if this BIOS update is ever to materialize.
Honor Student
yousaf72a
Message 22 of 30 (2,684 Views)

so guys is there a solution to problem at the moment ?

Student
zen-30-100
Message 23 of 30 (2,665 Views)

I had some issues with my hp Presario CQ56 shutting down, and stating it needed a Bios update, and this happened several times then I ran several security test, and uninstalled several add ons if  the Bios update comes up again is there a anything I can do to update the Bios on the computer myself.

Intern
PMspain
Message 24 of 30 (2,648 Views)

I'm out.

After several complaints HP support advised me a new BIOS version was to be released and this would fix the problem. Then two weeks later they emailed me stating that THERE WILL NOT BE A BIOS UPDATE  or a version with a fixed graphics option.

At about the same time my usb ports stopped functioning correctly, my webcam stopped working completely, and I kept getting an unknown usb device randomly connecting and disconnecting and failing to install every hour or so.

At that point I decided I'd had enough. The laptop goes back tomorrow. Hp has graciously given me a full refund.

The whole saga was regrettable and I will avoid their product in the future.

Good luck guys. 

Tutor
Regulation7
Message 25 of 30 (2,390 Views)

This entire thread depresses me, I've been seeking advise as well, http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video/Switchable-graphics-on-g6-2032tx/td-p/163254...

I think HP needs to recognize that allot of us DO have a clue

Honor Student
OmarAbulmagd
Message 26 of 30 (1,498 Views)

just a reply...

Greetings all...

I understand it is an issue to all fo you, and the demand for the fixed switchable graphic cards is very high, but what I do not know is, the bios updates that was delivered to HP dv6 and HP dv7, was it possible for those models because of a hardware possibility? or software? if it is hardware, then sadly I think there will be no solution, if it is software, then HP should make a bios update to enable switching fixed and dynamic modes through the bios and through the Catalyst Control Center, as I read a post through HP support details, Dynamic Switchable Graphic Card is obviously the drawback not the fixed, since it disables the use of OpenGL softwares, people basically nowadays purchase certain laptops for high end graphical and gaming usage, not for browsing, THATS WHY WE PAY MORE TO GET MORE, if I want to buy a laptop for business and Internet use, I would just purchase an i3 with only Intel Graphic Cards; and obviously, if gaming, I want high performance all the time, and if using graphical software like designing and 3D softwares, I would maintain that high performance as well and of course with plugged in adapter.

I just wanted to know if there is a real possible solution available and HP is covering it up? or it is all based on Hardware?

thanks...

Honor Student
OmarAbulmagd
Message 27 of 30 (1,497 Views)

Re: just a reply...

HP g6-2071se -Middle East-
Intel Core i7 3612qm @2.10 GHz
4 GB RAM DDR3
AMD HD Radeon 7670m 1 GB GDDR3 + Intel HD 4000

Honor Student
OmarAbulmagd
Message 28 of 30 (1,455 Views)

Re: just a reply...

Hello again, sry to press this matter but the whole world is feeling annoyed by this glitch...

This is what most laptops see in the swutchable window.

c03595285.jpg

This is after the bios update dv6 got

c03595287.jpg

I think most people ask for the second, so the entire system recognizes the high performance GPU

Am I wrong?

Honor Student
fablacky
Message 29 of 30 (1,131 Views)

I'm joining your cause since NONE of the games I've insta...

I'm joining your cause since NONE of the games I've installed does allow me to use the AMD vga and the CCC clearly doesn't give a care about my settings... Any updates about the BIOS situation? I've updated my g6-2212ls BIOS with the last release (which should enable me the fixed mode) but the goddamn option is still not available!!

Top Student
Hepatitis
Message 30 of 30 (435 Views)

Re: I'm joining your cause since NONE of the games I've insta...

bump !
Im joining too , got g6 2131se
and i want a new bios ....
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation