Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i tried both compatable and incompatable.

Neither had any effect.

Also tried the stock drivers again, still nothing.

HP Recommended

Do you think it could be a hardware fault?

HP Recommended

Is your notebook still in warranty?

Best regards,

erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Yes, i brought it in april last year.

So its still under New Zealands "1yr consumer guarantees act" and the HP warrenty

I think i will try returning it to the store and see if they can provide a remedy either via credit or exchange

Thanks for your help, and i will post back on how everythng goes.

HP Recommended

You can also contact HP Customer Care and have it repaired under warranty service.

Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I took it back to the store and they are sending it to HP service center.

Thankfully its located in the same city, so their ETA is aprox a week and hopfully i'll get some good news.

Do you think its at all likely they will replace it with a refurbished laptop, or do they have to give me mine, or a new one?

HP Recommended

@gamesquirt wrote:

I took it back to the store and they are sending it to HP service center.

Thankfully its located in the same city, so their ETA is aprox a week and hopfully i'll get some good news.

Do you think its at all likely they will replace it with a refurbished laptop, or do they have to give me mine, or a new one?

All I could possibly do is speculate and I would prefer not to do that. Ask the HP service center.

Best regards,

erico

HP Recommended
Hey Erico,
Sorry about the overdue reply. I took it back to a "Harvey Norman" store (not even the one i brought it from) and they were really helpful. Even though it took about a week, they re-tried everything i had done but they managed to fix it by Flashing the back to the Factory content/settings and re-updated everything for me.
I would just like to thank you for all the help you provided me.
Thanks, Tyler.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.