Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i am using HP Pavilion DV6-6165TX , i am Having a serious issue in display drivers , Specs is Intel HD 3000 and Amd Radeon Hd 6770 , Intel Driver is Working fine but after installing radeon driver black screen  error occurs cant able to log into windows , so i thought it is a OS problem so i formatted the whole system and reninstall it again the same problem arises.

Now my lap is workong in ONBoard grpahics,

i Have tried so many radeon drivers also , the same problem occurs

Pls anybody help me , i am a having a lot of work in my lap ( Basically Design Work ) ..Pls Thanks in Advance 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@arunbrowley wrote:

i am using HP Pavilion DV6-6165TX , i am Having a serious issue in display drivers , Specs is Intel HD 3000 and Amd Radeon Hd 6770 , Intel Driver is Working fine but after installing radeon driver black screen  error occurs cant able to log into windows , so i thought it is a OS problem so i formatted the whole system and reninstall it again the same problem arises.

Now my lap is workong in ONBoard grpahics,

i Have tried so many radeon drivers also , the same problem occurs

Pls anybody help me , i am a having a lot of work in my lap ( Basically Design Work ) ..Pls Thanks in Advance 

Hi arunbrowley

Which operating system are you using, 32 or 64-bit?

From where did you download the AMD 6770 driver? What about the alreday present version of AMD driver preinstalled in your system, is it causing problem?

Did you check this product webpage (NB.: its windows7 64-bit, but you can change the OS from dropdown menu)

If not, try downloading  AMD HD graphics  from there.

If the latest given AMD driver is not working donwload and install the previous version given under AMD subsection in that page.

Have you installed all the Windows updates available for your system?

Hope it resolves your issue,

thanks,

HP Recommended

...i have already the drivers from Hp and from AMD website also ...in fact i formated the Whole system and i tried also , i also tried by in bias also changing the switchable graphics from Dynamic to Fixed , so no change also 

i dont why this problem occurs , i am sure that graphics is workong properly , why i am saying like this means because its detected by device manager, 

this problem is not only for me , by googling i find that so many of them were suffering from this issue .pls solve my issue whether its internal fault or something else 

i checked the whole motherboard also there is no problem in motherboard , 

sir, i am using my lap in onboard graphics omly but i am having a lot of work , so graphics card is very imporatant

Note : Whether this kind of Problem aries due to any overheat or some fan problems , pls reply 

Thanks in Advance

HP Recommended

@arunbrowley wrote:

...i have already the drivers from Hp and from AMD website also ...in fact i formated the Whole system and i tried also , i also tried by in bias also changing the switchable graphics from Dynamic to Fixed , so no change also 

i dont why this problem occurs , i am sure that graphics is workong properly , why i am saying like this means because its detected by device manager, 

this problem is not only for me , by googling i find that so many of them were suffering from this issue .pls solve my issue whether its internal fault or something else 

i checked the whole motherboard also there is no problem in motherboard , 

sir, i am using my lap in onboard graphics omly but i am having a lot of work , so graphics card is very imporatant

Note : Whether this kind of Problem aries due to any overheat or some fan problems , pls reply 

Thanks in Advance

Hi there

Since your work is concentrated around graphics, The heating up is one of the most probable causes to be looked for.

I dont think AMD graphics are going to give any much performance than same level or even lower standard Intel graphics & even NVIDIA for sure, especially when the work you're doing has much to with Graphics.

I would go for Intel/nvidia graphics there.

But since you're in a terrible situation right now, I suggest you contact HP in your region. No more troubleshooting has to be done except for overheating.

read on:Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating

Hope you've alreading done Hard reset of laptop, complete hard drive & memory test from System Diagnostics F2 to rule out other contributing factors. - if no, please do it.

hope this helped you,

**"ACCEPT MY SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS FACING SIMILAR PROBLEM & CLICK KUDOS TO APPRECIATE MY REPLY**

HP Recommended

Sorry For Disturbing you Again and Again ... I am also a local service engg for laptop and computers , i have cleaned the whole motherboard changed the thermal paste and even fans also 

before having this problem i am having a error 90B system fan error ...now its not there 

HP Recommended

Hi there

No problem in clearing doubts, You're always allowed.

The error you're getting is for replacing the cooling fan/heat sink. so while you changed fan, did you change heat sink - if HP has replaced it then, both would have been replaced.

Here is :HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC - Maintenance and Service Guide

This error indicates that a problem exists related to the heat removal system. One of two possible events is occurring:
  • The system fan is not spinning or not spinning properly.
  • The temperature inside the case is too high and the fan cannot spin fast enough to remove the heat.

To fix this error, use the following steps:

1. If you notice that the system fan spins and is blowing warm air from the computer, clean the exterior vents to remove dust buildup by blowing air through the vent openings. Do this while the computer is off. Dust can accumulate inside the vent opening and around internal cooling components, preventing the removal of heat. After dust has been removed, try turning on the computer to see if the error goes away. if not, continue to the next step.
    For more information on reducing heat inside your computer, see Reducing Heat Inside the PC .
  2. Perform a hard reset. Performing a hard reset can reset recorded thermal values in memory and enable you to use the computer again — even if only for a short time to access and save any important files before service. For information on performing a hard reset, see Use Hard Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues .
  3. In some cases, updating the BIOS may help prevent this error from occurring. For information on how to update your BIOS, see Updating the BIOS .
  4. Have the computer serviced to clean internal components and replace the system fan if necessary. Ensure that the following items are addressed during servicing:

5. Thoroughly remove dust from all internal cooling components.
  6. Ensure that wires from the system and CPU fans are connected to the motherboard securely.
  7. Ensure that the system fan blades spin correctly, and that the fan is not producing loud noises. If not working correctly, replace the system fan.
  8. Remove old thermal compound from integrated circuits and heat sinks, and replace with new thermal compound.

Hope  you have completed almost all the troubleshooting provided above, Update BIOS, do hard reset. Thats all left of it.

thanks,

**"ACCEPT MY SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS FACING SIMILAR PROBLEM & CLICK KUDOS TO APPRECIATE MY REPLY**

HP Recommended

Hi there arunbrowley. I am facing the same  problem and i want to know whether if there is a solution for this issue or not?? 

HP Recommended
I think it to buy new pc. I have this problem too.
HP Recommended
I will neve buy game notebook again. Pc is better
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.