Question

T88 Student
Student
T88
Message 1 of 3 (386 Views)

Black screen - i get 3 beeps at start up - sound works and I can hear my windows starting up.

I've done hard boot and no image with flashlight. Is this the video card issue I've heard so much about? Is this part of the class action and can I get HP to fix it? I need my laptop working since my work is very dependent on it. What are my repair options and associated costs?

Tutor
Alex12454335345
Message 2 of 3 (364 Views)

Re: Black screen - i get 3 beeps at start up - sound works and I can hear my windows starting up.

This works with my g60. turn it on wait 1 second or less BEFOR THE SCREEN COMES ON.  than close it wait 5 seconds than open it. or if all else fails  turn it on same steps BUT bend the screen back (worked on my old tc1100)

Honor Student
Forsman3537
Message 3 of 3 (347 Views)

Re: Black screen - i get 3 beeps at start up - sound works and I can hear my windows starting up.

Mine is doing the EXACT same thing.  Windows is booting and everything, it takes forever for it to boot up, but you can hear the windows sounds when it finally does.  Only problem:  No video, screen is completely black.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation