Question

Tutor
muss
Message 1 of 13 (6,114 Views)

Blu Ray not working, dv7-3065dx

I have the blu ray version of Band of Brothers and it doesn't seem to recognize the format.  When I try opening the disk using HP MediaSmart DVD it tells me "Disc is ready for playing.  Press play to start playing."  when I press play nothing happens.  When I use Windows Media Player it says "Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD. The disc was created in a manner that the Player does not support."  and PowerDVD 9 give the message "there is a disc with an unsupported format in drive E:".  There are no updates for the drivers or firmware on HP's support page, and all of the software is up to date.  If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it thanks!

Student
dmh29
Message 2 of 13 (6,073 Views)

Re: Blu Ray not working, dv7-3065dx

Did you ever solve this problem?  I am having the same issue.

Honor Student
Johnw180
Message 3 of 13 (6,033 Views)

I have a HP dv7-3065dx and the blu ray does work when its not hooked up to my TV. I get a message that is"The content is protected. The contents not allowed to play in the current display mode."

I contacted Samsung and they say it should play and that its the computers fault.

I have already bought a new HDMI cable thinking maybe that was the problem, but to no avail.

Does anybody have any info?

Honor Student
esko74
Message 4 of 13 (5,982 Views)

Is there anyone whos bluray is working?

I do have also dv7, and also my bluray isnt working.

Student
QBuyer
Message 5 of 13 (5,711 Views)

I am also getting the same error message and cannot play any blu ray disc even though my dv6t has the blu-ray drive.

Has anybody found any solution for this issue?

Honor Student
keng
Message 6 of 13 (5,595 Views)

Have you set the display so that the video is only sent to the TV and not to the laptop screen as well?

Honor Student
lisanoon
Message 7 of 13 (5,270 Views)

Hi guys the answer to this one is frustrating, but here it is.  You can't play a blu ray disc on more than one screen at a time.  So if you hit Fn-F4 to toggle to a single display mode (assuming you have your HDTV connected via HDMI) the blu ray disc will play.  I had other problems later on, like the playback would stop and I had to restart the movie, but the problem you mention went away after toggling to a single screen.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 8 of 13 (4,403 Views)

Hi muss,

Comodo Firewall can cause the issues you describe.  Is this relevent in your case?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
Bielzebub
Message 9 of 13 (4,077 Views)

Have you found a solution to your problem? Mine used to work just fine, then Microsoft decided my video card needed updating, I played one Blu Ray and it worked just fine. I recently bought Iron Man 2 on Blue Ray and now it gets to the opening screen where the stars fly around the mountain for Paramount and then it just freezes. IDK what the heck is going on!

Student
blrmkr374
Message 10 of 13 (4,060 Views)

I also have a dv7. My Blu-ray stopped working like everybody else. It worked when I first used it, but now after only 3 uses the HP mediasmart player will not recognize the disk. I keep getting the message "Please insert disk" . When I goto my computer The disk title is there, so the computer is reading it I guess.

Also for those who can't play it on your tv, click connect to a projector. This will close the computer screen and display on the tv.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation