Question

Student
FraserMo
Message 1 of 3 (890 Views)

Blue Screen of Death/Computer Crashes when connecting to HDTV via HDMI- hp dv9000

Hi, don't know if anyone can help with this, every hdmi problem seems to be mostly about no audio or bad picture or that kind of thing. Basically I have my laptop connected to my tv with a VGA cable but as I've got an HDMI out on my laptop and it's an HDTV I want to upgrade my connection.

Problem is, the instant I connect the hd display my computer brings up a blue error screen and then crashes a few seconds later. I took a picture of the error screen but I can't work out how to attach it to this message, but I've typed up all the text that's displayed before it crashes:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x82B0A886, 0x8AC24470, 0x8AC2416C)

Collecting data for crash dump...

Initializing disk for crash dump...

Beginning dump of physical memory.

Dumping physical memory to disk: 100

Physical memory dump complete.

Contact your system admin or technical support group for further assistance."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my very limited experience I thought maybe its a driver problem? I have no idea what to do as I tried updating the only display drivers I could find. If anyone knows how to fix this issue it would be HUGELY appreciated!

Thanks!

Fraser

Student
plgreeneva
Message 2 of 3 (693 Views)

Re: Blue Screen of Death/Computer Crashes when connecting to HDTV via HDMI- hp dv9000

I'm getting this same error message.  Is this a hardware problem?

Honor Student
GilaadB
Message 3 of 3 (688 Views)

Re: Blue Screen of Death/Computer Crashes when connecting to HDTV via HDMI- hp dv9000

Thank god I haven't experienced the blue screen of death on my laptop yet, but usually when it happened to me on PCs it had something to do with the RAM.

So I would try to take them out and put them back in, making sure they are placed correctly and inserted all the way in.

If you try this, do it on your own risk, just make sure you ground yourself before, to get rid of any static electricity.

Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation