Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-p153nm
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have HP Pavilion 15-p153nm

Product No. K6Z56EA#BED

Graphics (by device manager) Intel HD and NVIDIA GeForce 830M
Drivers: Intel Graphic Driver - 10.18.10.3958

NVIDIA Graphic Driver - 344.60

I see 3D options(settings) in NVIDIA control panel and in Intel graphics settings and my question is can I watch 3D movies on my laptop and if yes what kind of 3D glasses do I need? Any specific or e.g. any that comes with 3D TV?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Jegone 

Welcoem to the HP Support Forums!

I understand you are asking whether you can view 3D movies on your notebook.I am happy to help.

In answer to your question I include the service manual for your series of notebook.

HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC - Maintenance and Service Guide

From the document, your device does not have an option for a built in 3D display. It is one of those cases of a display adapter having capabilities that are not available on the display itself. This is quite common as for example many display adapters also provide for screen resolutions that most screens do not have. So as it stands the answer is no, however that is not the complete picture.

Since the unit has a card with the capability, a good option would be to look at an external 3D display which you could use when you want to use the 3D technology. Of course there are also some models of notebooks available that do have a 3D display built in. If you go with an external 3D display, the type of glasses required would vary, and may already be included as part of that 3D system.

Also as an FYI there are notebooks available that do have 3D displays included; see this link for an example from HP.

HP Notebook PCs - Overview of 3D Technology for the HP Envy 17 3D Edition

I hope this helps.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Jegone 

Welcoem to the HP Support Forums!

I understand you are asking whether you can view 3D movies on your notebook.I am happy to help.

In answer to your question I include the service manual for your series of notebook.

HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC - Maintenance and Service Guide

From the document, your device does not have an option for a built in 3D display. It is one of those cases of a display adapter having capabilities that are not available on the display itself. This is quite common as for example many display adapters also provide for screen resolutions that most screens do not have. So as it stands the answer is no, however that is not the complete picture.

Since the unit has a card with the capability, a good option would be to look at an external 3D display which you could use when you want to use the 3D technology. Of course there are also some models of notebooks available that do have a 3D display built in. If you go with an external 3D display, the type of glasses required would vary, and may already be included as part of that 3D system.

Also as an FYI there are notebooks available that do have 3D displays included; see this link for an example from HP.

HP Notebook PCs - Overview of 3D Technology for the HP Envy 17 3D Edition

I hope this helps.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.