Compaq Presario CQ60-215DX Notebook PC, Screen goes black (563 Views)
Student
michguy
Message 1 of 2 (563 Views)

Compaq Presario CQ60-215DX Notebook PC, Screen goes black

I have a Compaq Presario CQ60-215DX Notebook PC, purchased in 2008.  For the past several months, I have had a problem with the screen going totally black.  Most of the time this occurs when viewing a video, such as on Youtube, but occasionally it will do it other times as well.  When this happens, all that I am able to do to recover is to shut off the PC, then wait for a bit to turn it back on.  It does seem that it gets very hot, so it is like letting it cool down before it will turn back on.  If i try to turn it back on immediately, it shuts itself off.

I did buy a cooling fan, platform type thing and that seems to help some, but it still happens quite a lot, which is very frustrating.

I have seen some of the information about the bad nvidia gpu chips, and I am wondering if this is my problem, and if so, how difficult is it to get a replacement?

If anyone has any ideas, or if further information is needed, please let me know.

Thank you!

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 2 (549 Views)

Re: Compaq Presario CQ60-215DX Notebook PC, Screen goes black

Hi,
Check the link below:
How to prevent and deal with overheating.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation