Re: Cyberlink Update Required for Blu-Ray Playback But No Update Available (2191 Views)
Top Student
Edilson
Message 21 of 31 (3,947 Views)

Re: Cyberlink Update Required for Blu-Ray Playback But No Update Available

When I decided to buy this notebook, it's main purpose was to be my media center for my home theater. I've always liked and respected HP, and their brand was the main reason I chose this notebook. Since I've used HP products since college, I've always trusted their ability to provide good and reliable products. Now it seems to me that this is not completely true.

I bought this notebook, as said above, to me my media center, and in these HD days, Blu-ray is the main feature that everyone is trying to get in their homes, in order to have good audio and video entertainment. The first thing I did after taking the notebook out of the box was to hook it up to my AV receiver, slide a blu-ray move in, and then I expected to be amazed by the supposed HD quality. Instead, I was completely disappointed to learn that the movies I had rented for this test wouldn't work at all, and based on the messages I've seen in this board, it's been around for quite a while without any fix.

I can only assume that HP either: 1. Don''t care about their customers; 2. Have no idea what the problem they are dealing with; 3. Compleate lack of resources to take care of customer satisfaction.

I only wish HP still have the strngth to prove I'm wrong in my assumptions.Thank you all for your comments so far.

Edilson

Intern
Stu2009
Message 22 of 31 (3,930 Views)

Try "Quicktime 7.6" player, free download from "APPLE"; it was suggest to me. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it does not! HP has no idea of the rash of complaint that are going to start to roll in. "We" are only the tip of the iceberg! My case now has been going on now for a month.
Student
kasper52mm
Message 23 of 31 (3,830 Views)

Well heres another one. I am in the military and currently deployed, I bought a Pavilion dv7 1273cl out here that has a BDVDRW CT10L in it and it doesnt work. The internet connection out here sucks, I spent several hours at ~20kps downloading the new media smart software to no avail. I keep getting a screen that tells me to go to cyberlink, when I do the website doesnt recognize my disk drive as a BD player and then trys to get me to buy powerDVD. This is unacceptable, "HP total care" my butt. I for one plan to speak to someone and try have these laptops pulled from the BX here. HP I have been a customer of your for years but unless something is done about this, you will lose atleast one customer. I doubt a solution will be found though seeing as how this problem has been going on for a little while. I hope whatever cut your getting from Cyberlink's powerDVD sales is worth it.
Honor Student
khowlada
Message 24 of 31 (3,070 Views)

c'mon HP now transformers 2 and fight club - are you kidding me? these are not minor releases, rebranding the cyberlink sw as HP only makes sense if you do it properly - this is the FIRST AND LAST time i buy HP!

Student
JonTyler
Message 25 of 31 (2,413 Views)

Blu-Ray discs that won't play on my DV6880SE with all available updates:

Julie & Julia

Wolverine: X-Men Origins

Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs

These are some of the ones I've tried recently. I remember "The Day the Earth stood Still" and some others wouldn't work either. At this point its such a crap-shoo that I've simply decided to skip the Blu-Ray generation and continue to buy DVDs.

Hey HP, if you can't make the technology work right, leave it out of the computer. "The computer is personal" has no meaning for me if it doesn't work the way I want it to.

Top Student
Edilson
Message 26 of 31 (2,372 Views)

Have you tried removing the ainti-virus software to see if this issue goes away? I keep seeing these complaints about Blu-ray tites not playing in these HP models, but in my case the removal of the anti-virus package fixed it, and I've been able to whatch whatever I pop in into my notebook ever since. Give it a try and tell us how it went. If it works, then it is just a matter of picking a different protection suite for your notebook. Good luck. Edilson
Tutor
superocean
Message 27 of 31 (2,355 Views)

I should not have to remove my anti-virus package to play a day am movie that I paid for. I went to Frys and got this freaking movie and it won't play on my laptop blu ray. I could understand if my set top box with no internet connection had issues with this but this is on my wireless capable laptop.

HP - please give me an update to quickplay so that the money I paid for the blu ray player is worth it. Or give me a $150 refund for this drive.

The quickplay wants to update and when I say "yes" it won't. Kinda like a biz telling customers come back tommorrow but they won't open back up. HP you are dropping the ball here.

Tutor
superocean
Message 28 of 31 (2,248 Views)

I found this cyberlink update on another thread. Can anyone on here tell me if this update will work with windows Vista?

I found the update link in this thread for people with win7 issues.

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 29 of 31 (2,201 Views)

Go ahead and update the Quick Play with the link you have. The link update doesn't care what OS you are running.

Looks like you have been down this road before.  Try going to Cyberlink and try installing a trial of one of there Blu-ray players.

If that works it may eliminate a possible hard ware problem. I have given you all the advice I can.

The only thing that I don't think I have mentioned is this : Down load the Quick Play update and save the file to "my downloads", or any where you want to, don't open it yet. Down load CCleaner and uninstall any and all Blu-ray playing software on your laptop and then run its registry cleaner. Don't use any other registry cleaner as they can do more harm then good.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

After that restart your machine and install the version that you saved, then restart. Next go to control panel and find Auto Play and make sure that Quick Play is chosen for Blu-rays.

Eject your DVD drawer with the manual button on the drawer itself and put your movie in and let it load automatically, if it prompts you for an update then select yes and at this point hopefully the movie will play.

I may have mentioned all of this in another thread, but there has been so many, I can't keep track of them all.  ang

Intern
Stu2009
Message 30 of 31 (2,191 Views)

Hi there,

I have discovered the CClear program and I am experimenting with its properties and uses. Nothing to positive to post at this time!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation