Question

Student
kikikopa
Message 1 of 5 (6,750 Views)

DV6-1030 screen replacement help

I'm having a difficult time figuring out how to remove the LCD panel on my DV6-1030us notebook.  The info I've found on removing HP displays references screws at the edges or sides of the bezel but I don't see any on this model.  Any help on how to replace the screen on this notebook will be most appreciated.
Provost
Huffer
Message 2 of 5 (6,728 Views)

Re: DV6-1030 screen replacement help

Apparently the bezel just pops apart. Look in the Manual here for instructions about removing the webcam which shows how to get inside the display bezel:

Your Manual

Honor Student
DaveWilson
Message 3 of 5 (6,571 Views)

You probably have it figured out by now, but there are two screws near the hinges on the front of the display. They may be covered with small squares of adhesive material. Beyond this, I haven't figured out how to open the case to replace the display. I hope to have a better idea (or possibly a broken case) later this week. I need to determine the part number for the display so I can order a new one.
Student
mandanglo
Message 4 of 5 (6,442 Views)

are you having a problem removing the lcd assembly from the body of the laptop or removing the Bezel from the LCD Panel?
Honor Student
orobb68
Message 5 of 5 (2,601 Views)

Good guides, Henry.  In later model HPs, you can't get to those screwe without disassembling the entire laptop.  Once you get the top cover off, you have to unscrew the hinge base from the chassis & only then can you get to the little plastic covers that, once removed, reveal the screws underneath.  Not a repair for a novice.  Youtube actually has many good guides that you can follow along if you want to attempt this yourself.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation