Display & power issues - HP ProBook 4520s (Windows 7 64-bit) (1407 Views)
Student
bpimichael
Message 1 of 2 (1,407 Views)

Display & power issues - HP ProBook 4520s (Windows 7 64-bit)

Hello all

I have an HP ProBook 4520s (WIndows 7 64-bit). Several months ago I was promoted to upgrade one of the ATI drivers, which I did (sorry, I'm not sure of the details).

Ever since I did this, I've had several issues with the display and also the power options.

Display:

1 - I don't have the options to connect to projectors or other external screens, through Fn F4 or any othre means, and it's not detecting automatically either;

2 - the screen brightness seems to go to about half the level it did when new, and the brightness icon doesn't show any change when i increase the brigtness (this is even when plugged in to the power pack)

Power:

1- I don't have the option to sleep or hibernate, from the Start>Shut Down menu

2 - the laptop won't hibernate when i close the lid, and it doesn't have the option to change this setting in any of the power management options

Any ideas of how i can either update drivers (and which i should update with) or how i can return to default settings?

Other than that, it's a great laptop for my work.

Thanks

MIchael

Teacher
Cioroianua
Message 2 of 2 (1,395 Views)

Re: Display & power issues - HP ProBook 4520s (Windows 7 64-bit)

Hi,

This seems to be driver related issue. The drivers were intended for you laptop or just downloaded from AMD / ATI website?

My advise is to uninstall the drivers that you just installed, reboot the machine and then install this drivers for your laptop: ftp://15.240.238.52/pub/softpaq/sp52501-53000/sp52818.exe 

Best regards,

Andrew

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation