Question

ecs Honor Student
Honor Student
ecs
Message 1 of 2 (3,403 Views)

Display driver update for Pavilion zd8000

This notebook used an ATA mobility X600 driver made specifically for HP. ATA does not support this update because of this and referred my to HP.

HP promises no Windows 7 x64 support for this model. I find this extraordinary, because ATA is supporting cards of similar age and series.

The zd8000 was an expensive notebook, so customers should reasonably expect ongoing support for its drivers.

The Microsoft clone gives a most unsatisfactory display, and this machine is used for PPoint presentations.

There is also no Audio driver installed and for this Microsoft does not even offer a clone.

Has any body any suggestions?

Student
silversx
Message 2 of 2 (2,981 Views)

Re: Display driver update for Pavilion zd8000

I understand completely. This power laptop cost me 2200 USA dollars! The only thing I can tell you is, if using windows 7 right click on driver installation file, choose troubleshoot compatibility. Windows will find issues and try and fix them. You must save the changes( this driver must be run in windows xp sevice pack 2 compatibility mode ). Once changes are made and saved you will be prompted for a reboot to save registry edits. This has worked for me but took some tweaking so good luck! Hp Customer Service...never heard of them!!!!!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation