Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 17-e040us
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)
The laptop was working as normal. Suddenly it started to appear very pixelated. It is not limited to one area of the screen, but covers the entire screen. The colors are not distorted for the most part, but I can almost see the pixel grid running up and down the computer. It basically highlights every small square. I have tried updating Bios and graphics card and doing a system refresh. None of it has helped. Any ideas about what the problem can be? This is not the first time it has done this. One time the screen had to be replaced. The second time the issue was resolved perhaps by restarting the computer but I can't remember because it was about a year ago.
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Connect ur laptop to external monitor and see there , if weird stuff is in there aswell then your GPU is about to die , if its not then it could be lcd cable

HP Recommended

Thanks. I hooked it up to a TV and no problem on the TV screen. Eventually I took the laptop to get it fixed. They checked the connecting cable, which is what I thought the problem was. That didn't fix it so they ended up replacing the screen. This solved what had developed into flashing and static like blur. But the new screen also appears pixelated with the pixel grid visible. Not sure what to do now. The computer is kind of usable, but not ideal and not as clear as it used to be. The fix it guys seem to have no idea what to do.

HP Recommended

Any other ideas on this? I have used the computer with the new screen for a day but the pixelated screen with the grid clearly visible is really not pleasant to use.

HP Recommended

Did they really checked LCD cable properly?

Try to install different GPU drivers see if that makes any difference

HP Recommended

Hei,

You are not alone. I have had the same issue with my ac027tx.

It is not a defect. It is just that, to cover the production cost, hp designed a low quality screen. 

This issue is known as SCREENDOOR EFFECT. You can google it and understand it as I have run behind this and wasted my time. Your display will be 1366x768 resolution. Correct? Updating the drivers or changing the display designed for the same laptop doesn't help. Either you have to change the laptop and buy a different model after reviewing the screen or you have to adjust with this effect. I am a photographer and this really bothers me. May be an office or home user may not find it an issue.

refer:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen-door_effect

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-avoid-shopping-laptop/

https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?t=873

HP Recommended

I am having a similar problem with an HP all in one. Also appears to revert to a lower graphics resolution, colors are terrible. Happened a long time ago, I updated the video driver and it was ok for a very long time. Then started re-occuring again. System check says everything is working correctly. Updated to windows 10 and still having trouble.

I am thinkint eh motherboard beeds re-flowed?

Also I have an HP desktop A6333W that has a pixeld start up screen.

I'm not buying any more HP junk.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.