Re: Display problem in Notebook (8169 Views)
Student
Venu5
Message 1 of 3 (8,232 Views)

Display problem in Notebook

Hi I have purchased HP Compaq laptop in Hyderabad. Form the beginning I have been facing lot of problems in terms system performance & speed of the laptop. As advised by the showroom (where I bought my laptop), I have upgraded the RAM from 512 MB to 1.5 GB RAM. Off late the system has developed a problem with display. I have taken it to service centre in Hyderabad & the service centre took about 10 days to replace the defected part & also have acknowledged that most of the laptops in this are having this problem & confirmed that the part will be replaced free of cost as its a manufacturing defect. I had to wait for getting the laptop back as the concern part is not available immediately in the warehouse.This happened in Nov'08. The system worked fine for 1 month & again the system has been having the same problem & the display on the screen is disappeared on off. I took my laptop to the service centre & again they have acknowledged that the same part needs to be replaced & have advised that they have sent a request to ware house on 19th Jan '09. Since then I have been following up of the same, no update of the part yet. The latest update I have received now is part might be available after 27th Jan '08. I have been preparing for my admission into one of World Top Business School & I can't afford the preparation to be impacted due to the same.  Can any one tell me if this is common problem? Also what could be the reason for issue?

Provost
Huffer
Message 2 of 3 (8,176 Views)

Re: Display problem in Notebook

Help us help you. What kind of laptop? What parts?
Master's Graduate
CorMit
Message 3 of 3 (8,169 Views)

Re: Display problem in Notebook

[ Edited ]

well I have heard about it, its mainly the Nivdia GPU, that stops functioning correctly, which would give you the no display .. not sure if it is related with this notebook or not.. and for the repair center taking a long time ... since its not like 1 or 50 computers its probably about 10000-100,000+ computers so since they propably dont ALL have the same specs then they need the vendors of the GPU/motherboard/processor/fan/heatsync/whatever other part is specific to the computer would all need to be custom ordered and that depends on the vendors avaliblity of the part ... and once they take there time getting it they ship it to the repair center which then need to have the part replaced, then tested and if its not working once replaced then they would need to start all over again ... and there not going to stock up on parts for notebooks that are anywhere from 1-3 yrs old .. when they come out with a new computer like every 2 months and need to be prepared for them incase of a failure ... so if you do get it back and it keeps happening why don't you find out if someone will get you a new one? im sure a big corporation would rather keep current customers then try to find new ones but if your complaining that its being serviced for too long ... atleast its getting repaired ..sure it sucks not having it for school or whatever but what did people do 10 yrs ago before notebooks .. paper and pen works like a charm .. heck, maybe the repair center is trying to decide weather to call you and ask you if you want a different one or not who knows!

Also Check out this Document, it may answer some questions .. [ c01087277 ] search Hp.com for it or click the link below ...

Document c01087277

P.S. ...

Sorry if this post seems abit rude, I don't mean it to...lol  :smileyhappy:

Hope everything works out for you!

Message Edited by CorMit on 01-23-2009 08:27 PM
--------------------------------
Pavilion DV2714CA, Vista Home Premium 32bit(Successfully running Windows XP Pro SP2), Intel T2330 1.60 GHz, Intel Graphics Accelerator X3100, 4GB RAM, 160 GB HDD --Do everyone a favor Post back your results, Resolved or Not - LEAVE KUDOS !
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation