Display via HDMI too big for monitor (429 Views)
Honor Student
scrappygolucky
Message 1 of 3 (429 Views)

Display via HDMI too big for monitor

Hello all,

I bought a brand new HP G-series laptop with Intel HD graphics and a 2509b monitor, and hooked them up with an HDMI cable. The output to the monitor is too big, such that the leftmost icons and taskbar are almost completely off the screen.

I have been reading about this problem, and it seems like the laptop thinks the monitor is a TV because of the HDMI connection.

I do not have a DVI out option.

Is there a way to get the Intel graphics to think the monitor is a monitor, and thus size the output correctly?

Thanks.

Student
nicolem101
Message 2 of 3 (397 Views)

Re: Display via HDMI too big for monitor

Did you find a solution to this problem? I'm experiencing the same thing and I can't find any solutions anywhere. I also have Intel HD Graphics with the same monitor also connected with HDMI

Honor Student
scrappygolucky
Message 3 of 3 (393 Views)

Re: Display via HDMI too big for monitor

I looked long and hard, and tried numerous fixes. HP support told me it might be a faulty HDMI out, but they wanted me to send it in to check. Having seen numerous cases of this being an issue on the internet, I just returned the laptop. I don't think the HDMI and the Intel HD coexist very well.

Best of luck :smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation