Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My company has recently purchased HP EliteBook 840 G1 laptops with the discrete graphics.  Along with this we are using the 2013 UltraSlim Dock with dual HP LV2311 monitors connected using HP DisplayPort to DVI adapters.

Windows 8.1 only shows a single monitor, the second monitor is not available.  I can attempt to span both monitors for a resolution fo 3840x1080, but when I attempt to do that the display just reverts to mirrored displays.

I can use the DisplayPort on the side of my laptop and just a single DisplayPort on the dock and the OS will see both monitors.

Please advise, it's pointless to have a dock with dual DisplayPorts that cannot display dual monitors with them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes the problem actually existed with the original HP driver and the one that Microsoft installs by default.  HP has released a newer driver for 8.1.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hey! :)! 

I just wanted to ask you,if you have updated any drivers for this? Maybe the drivers weren't installed properly. 🙂

To check it,go to: Control Panel,System and Security,Windows Update and click Check for updates in the left upper corner.

Let me know,if it's working,or not.

-Amdsuxxxxx

HP Recommended

Thanks, but all updates have already been applied, no updates available.

HP Recommended

Hmm... This might be a already-installed driver problem,then.

Click Installed Updates in the lower left corner of the control panel,please.

-AmdSuxxxxxx

HP Recommended

Yes the problem actually existed with the original HP driver and the one that Microsoft installs by default.  HP has released a newer driver for 8.1.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.