Question

Student
SkiMonkey
Message 1 of 3 (1,967 Views)

Elitebook 2540p Displayport Not Working

I have an Elitebook 2540p with a docking station running Windows 7.  I purchased an Asus VE276Q specifically because it supports DisplayPort as that is the only high capacity video connector on the docking station. 

When I boot up the Elitebook, I see the "Starting Windows" graphic on the monitor via Displayport, but then the screen goes black and says "No Signal" once Windows starts, nothing I do will display the Windows desktop on the Asus monitor. 

If I switch to a VGA cable, everything works as expected, but the font quality is poor as VGA can't drive such a large monitor with acceptable quality. 

What do I need to do to get the DisplayPort connector to work when Windows 7 is running?

Top Student
joewinograd
Message 2 of 3 (1,738 Views)

Re: Elitebook 2540p Displayport Not Working

Well, it's been a month and a half since your post, so I'm guessing you have it resolved by now, but in the off-chance you don't, I suggest a right-click on the Desktop and select Graphics Properties... Then click Multiple Displays and it's pretty straightforward after that. I just joined the forum and searched for DisplayPort issues, which is how I bumped into your post. Regards, Joe

Student
ghedberg
Message 3 of 3 (142 Views)

Re: Elitebook 2540p Displayport Not Working

I'm having the same problem.  No signal out the display port on my Elitebook 2540p.  I've tried display port to HDMI dongle. I've tried a display port male to HDMI male cable and nothing.  Hitting FN+F4 did nothing.  I also tried using the display port on the docking station and nothing.  If I use a VGA cable I can run dual monitors.  Is there some secret to activating the display port?  I looked all through CMOS and couldn't find any toggle option there.  It shouldn't be this difficult!  Help please.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation