Envy 17 - Intell 4600 Video Output Fails after Windows 8.1 upgrade (226 Views)
Student
acooper6755
Message 1 of 2 (226 Views)

Envy 17 - Intell 4600 Video Output Fails after Windows 8.1 upgrade

I am using an Envy 17 with the i7 processor and Intel HD 4600 Video.  After recently upgrading to Windows 8.1 (why I will never know) the video driver is now not working and I cannot use my HDMI port to use another monitor.  I have tried the HP Support Utility and the driver it recommends fails on install.  I have tried Intel and the most recent driver does not work.  I have even tried the intel Beta driver for this video card and it says my system is not registered for this driver and shuts down.  I have even tried the drivers that HP recommends from their Hardware Upgrade information and it does not work.  Does anyone have any suggestions that DO NOT involve going back to Windows 8.  I have so many programs installed I do not want to have to reinstall everything after a system restore and the HP Support Utility only saves the last restore point which is after I upgraded.

Thank you ahead of time.

HP
BHK6
Message 2 of 2 (176 Views)

Re: Envy 17 - Intell 4600 Video Output Fails after Windows 8.1 upgrade

Hi acooper6755,

Welcome to the HP Community! Sorry to hear about the video issues with your upgrade. I will be happy to try and find a solution that doesn't requiring downgrading. Can you please provide me with your product number, there are a number of models in the Envy 17 series.

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation