Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am posting this on behalf of a member that sent me a Private Message:

i didnt found and appropriate thread to post my question.

here is the story

i was very much interested to buy the HP ENVY 17.

so i did a lot of research about it.and finally decided to get one with i7 processor with full HD(1080p) screen.(1920*1080)

i inquired about price and specification from many dealers/resellers.so the best price i got for my specification was Rs.86200($1800+).

the model available was HP ENVY 17-1023tx.

i ordered one after paying some advance.

but when laptop arrived, i checked the specification and the screen resolution was only 1600*900(HD+).

so i refused to take the laptop and got my advance back.the dealer told me that this is the only model available in india and it is Full HD.

i checked all other stores also and found that the model available with them is not full HD but in specification they write full HD. their actual resolution is only 1600*900.

is this fault of HP?

is HP giving wrong specifications to his dealers?

so i want to know how can i complain about this thing.

and why a person will spend $1800+ on a machine that is not full HD.

kindly guide me to register my complaint to proper authorities who can sought out this problem.

regards,

samiryadav

I worked for HP.
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

KINDLY REPLY ............

HP Recommended

Someone plz tell me the proper way to file a complaint.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Here are specifications for this model which you bought.

As you may check there HP informs every user that this specific model is with 43.9 cm (17.3") diagonal HD+ High-Definition LED HP BrightView Infinity Display (1600 x 900).

You can't send complaint to HP about it because as you see there is a clear information about parameters given by them.

However you may send this complaint to dealer because he lied you. As evidence you may use this link which I gave you. Try to return this laptop to shop and change it for envy 17 with this display which you want if it's available in India.

Avaible display panels for Envy 17 I'm posting below:

17.3-in, WVA full high-definition (FHD), LED, AntiGlare (1920×1080, 6 mm) display; typical brightness: 300 nits <- this which you want
17.3-in, SVA high-definition+ (HD+), LED, AntiGlare (1600×900, 6 mm) display; typical brightness: 200 nits <- this which you have

All display assemblies include 2 wireless local area network (WLAN) antenna cables
Supports flush display panel cover
Supports 16:9 ultra wide aspect ratio
Lighted logo on top bezel

*This informations are taken from HP Envy 17 service documentation

I'm not sure what kind of law is in India, but in my place if you bought something online or have been sent by post / courier then you've got 14 days to return it. They just need to give refund without even asking why you want to do this.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

I refused the delear to take the item.and got the advance back.

AND THE INFORMATION YOU ARE LISTING WAS NOT THERE WHEN I ORDERED THE PRODUCT.

AND STILL ON THE LAPTOP SECTION NO SUCH PRODUCT DETAIL IS AVAILABLE.

CHECK LINK

ALSO see this link from other dealer from other city.  CHECK LINK2

but  all the dealers in a city got wrong information.and all the dealers i am taking reference are the only registered dealers of the city.

also if you check,(www.hp.com/IN) HP india website do not contain any information about ENVY 17 specifications or the model available in India.

and i think if all the registered dealers are providing the wrong specifications, its the fault of HP team.

so, i think its ok to complain about this matter to higher authorities.

HP Recommended

@samiryadav wrote:

..also if you check,(www.hp.com/IN) HP india website do not contain any information about ENVY 17 specifications or the model available in India...

You are wrong. This link which I gave you is from HP India website. It can't be found in other way.

When you will enter this page click ' Support and Drivers ' link in upper right part of it.

You will be redirected to next site. Select there " See support and troubleshooting information " and in ' For product ' section write ' HP ENVY 17-1023tx '. Press ' Enter ' key and then click ' Product information '.

As I sad HP isn't side of this conflict. You need to solve this problem by contacting with place which you bought it.

This table from dealer gave you wrong info and I agree with you that they should consider your complaint (I'm on your side).You should demand refund from them.

It doesn't metter how loud you will be screaming on me. It will not change anything.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

I did not paid the full amount and got my advance payment same day when i refused to take the laptop from the dealer.

there is no conflict between me and the dealer or me and HP.

the most important thing is that such a renowned company profile is being spoiled because of little mistakes.

the dealer told me its the fault from the HP regional distributer.he gave the wrong specification to everyone.

and the page you are listing was uploaded when i complained it to dealer who in turn told the matter to regional HPmanager.

the only thing i need is that this should reach to higher authorities so that no such problem arises in future.

i ordered the Dell XPS 16 the very same day.this is how companies loose customers as i am never gonna buy HP product again and whether the matter reaches HP or not is not of much importance  to me anymore.........

by the way thankyou for your replies.....:)

HP Recommended

i am sure this is a HP<->Distributor screw up . i have few price list from HP dealers , they have all listed Envy 17 as "FHD" .

Envy14 - 1015TX - Radiance 1600X900 | i5 450M | 4GB | 5650 | Hitachi 7k500 - 500GB and blank BIOS with no features in it
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.