Question

Honor Student
GuitarMan1981
Message 1 of 7 (1,195 Views)

Envy M6 -1178sa Switchable graphics still not working and its driving me crazy!!

Has anybody fixed the dual graphics card problem with windows 8?

HP Envy M6 1178sa Laptop running windows 8. The switchable graphics just does not work as many other people have comented, switching to 'high performance' does nothing and there is no fixed mode in the latest bios update, so I am stuck using the poor intel card when I have an AMD HD7770 card doing nothing.  I'd be happy to downgrade to windows 7 but as I understand it there are no supported drivers for my model on that system, I would also be happy if HP confirm a fix is on the way.  Help from anyone who has solved the issue would be much apreciated.  Regards A very frustrated HP customer    :smileysad: 
Student
LaronZ
Message 2 of 7 (1,133 Views)

Re: Envy M6 -1178sa Switchable graphics still not working and its driving me crazy!!

I Have the same probblem with my laptop.

AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series - Video card
HP ENVY m6 - Model

Dont know what to do

If somebody now smth pliiz post here !

Honor Student
kingsley68
Message 3 of 7 (563 Views)

Re: Envy M6 -1178sa Switchable graphics still not working and its driving me crazy!!

hi same hear game a got called Rome 2 will not recoginse Radeon and plays lamo intel !!! where is what i paid for

Student
trytcy
Message 4 of 7 (543 Views)

When my HP envy m6 goes to sleep, wake up display is totally messy. I have to push the start button over and over till I get the right start screen. Can someone help please?

HP Support Agent
Dunidar
Message 5 of 7 (498 Views)

kinsley68 and trtcy

If you could please post your product number for your computer. I am linking a document below that will show you how to find your product number. As well if you could post what operating system you are using. With both the operating system and the product number we can provide you with accurate information.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c00033108

***NOTE if you both are running the HP ENVY m6-1178sa I am sorry I need to confirm that you have the same system as the original thread creator.

Please feel free to re-post once you have the required information.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

"To be thrown upon one's own resources, it to be cast in the very lap of fortune." - Benjamin Franklin
Honor Student
GuitarMan1981
Message 6 of 7 (491 Views)

Thanks for your reply Dunidar, i'm still waiting on a solution for this, any ideas?

HP Support Agent
Dunidar
Message 7 of 7 (485 Views)

GuitarMan1981

I am going to start by ensuring you have the most up to date drivers. I am linking you below to your Driver page for your HP ENVY m6-1178sa Notebook Computer. Starting with the Chipset drivers ensure that ALL the drivers are up to date first.

You will also note a BIOS update is available for your computer. Although, the BIOS update does not directly affect your issue I would still ensure it is updated to the most current version.

HP ENVY m6-1178sa Notebook PC Drivers

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&product=5311482

As well I am linking you to an HP Support document titled “Switchable Graphics on Notebooks Configured with Intel and ATI GPUs” below.

Switchable Graphics on Notebooks Configured with Intel and ATI GPUs

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c03048374

Please re-post if there this does not work or if you have any further questions or concerns.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

"To be thrown upon one's own resources, it to be cast in the very lap of fortune." - Benjamin Franklin
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation