Re: Error with switchable graphics (395 Views)
Top Student
LiamG
Message 1 of 3 (433 Views)

Error with switchable graphics

Product number: Dv7-6070ca (LP473UA)

Operating System: Windows 7

Changes to Operating System: I have talked with Hp support assistants in the past and have been told to a full restore to the date that the problem has happened I have done twice 

Problem:

I have to graphics card in my laptop a Intel family graphics card which is okay for basic use and a  ATI Radeon 6770M. However I can't switch graphics cards and am stuck with my intel card but it over heats when playing games most of the time and Its annoying that I have only have the ability my computer has available to me. 

Now then I have downloaded and tried all of the updates suggested here http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5096... I have even tried going into my BIOS manually to change it with no success as I can't find the option to change my switchable graphics card to fixed or change it at all. At this point I am very annoyed.

I have contacted HP tech support in the past and I keep getting passed on and told that I have to wait for an update to come out in order to fix this problem. (If you wish I can try and find my old transcripts for you ) So my question is when is the BIOS update coming out or how can I fix this. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you

Liam Gracey

Ps. Hope I posted in the proper area

Top Student
LiamG
Message 2 of 3 (427 Views)

Re: Error with switchable graphics

I would like to apoligize for I have not seen this 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video/Official-HP-statement-on-Switchable-Graphics...

I will be trying out all of this first (from the page I posted from I could not see the above)

Sorry for any inconvience 

Top Student
LiamG
Message 3 of 3 (395 Views)

Re: Error with switchable graphics

I have a further update I have tried the above posts and I still dont have the option to switch. 

Any help with this would be very appreciated.

Thank you and sorry if i'm bumping. :smileyvery-happy: 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation