Extremely strange problem: laptop display does not stay on (174 Views)
Top Student
Basel
Message 1 of 2 (174 Views)

Extremely strange problem: laptop display does not stay on

I have an HP Envy 15 which I recently took on a road trip. I had it in a soft sleeve which was in a padded backpack. However during the trip someone opened up our van and the backpack fell out the back and hit the ground upside down.

Ever since this incidence, my Envy display has stopped functioning. Initially, the display would simply not turn on no matter what I did. Tapping on the screen sometimes provided a flicker (with a hint of yellow).

I can still use my HDMI port to see what's going on. I updated my BIOS and video drivers to see if anything would fix it but nothing changed. After a lot of research, I tried one trick: I unplugged the adapter+battery and held the power button for 60 seconds. This surprisingly did change something. Now my display actually consistently turns on when I boot the system, but as soon as it hits the Windows login screen it turns off again. This shows that the  display is still powered and functions, its not a connection issue.

Does anyone have any sort of idea at all of what to do?

Top Student
Basel
Message 2 of 2 (141 Views)

Re: Extremely strange problem: laptop display does not stay on

Worst part: My warranty expired a few weeks before this issue... darn.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation