Question

Tutor
Viper13
Message 1 of 5 (948 Views)

Flashing White Stripes on the Screen

Laptop: HP Compaq Presario CQ70-211EM

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x86 (32bit) (Factory installed os: Vista Basic 32bit)

Condition of the laptop: (Pretty good) replaced old thermal paste on both - CPU & GPU, Cleaned whole cooling system (fan, heatsink)

Problem: For the past year or so I used to get a white horizontal and vertical flashing lines all across the screen, usually when changing the screen resolution (e.g. for games), tapping the lid gently used to stop it from doing that.

For the past month it's happening a lot, while playing games, watching videos and even when I do nothing.

I'm using the older driver, since after upgrading to the new one I had some issues (usually when playing games)

This is my first laptop, and I've used it for 4 years, every day, 6 hours at least, I want it to last as long as possible (I don't have much money for a new one ;c)

~Viper13
Provost
erico
Message 2 of 5 (938 Views)

Re: Flashing White Stripes on the Screen

Connect an external display to your notebook for troubleshooting.

If the flashing white stripes are not replicated on the display then the problem has been isolated to the LCD notebook display.

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
Viper13
Message 3 of 5 (932 Views)

Thank you for your quick reply, erico :smileyhappy:

I've used my TV as external display (via VGA), the flashing/flickering stripes appear on there as well, so It can't be the laptop's LCD Screen

~Viper13
Tutor
Viper13
Message 4 of 5 (898 Views)

It's been seven days, and all I know is that the problem isn't the video card.

What else can I do?

How can I fix my laptop?

~Viper13
Tutor
Viper13
Message 5 of 5 (841 Views)

<F5> Any suggestions? please

~Viper13
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation