Question

Top Student
sgim43
Message 1 of 6 (213 Views)

Flickering Monitor

I have a new DV-4.  The monitor flickers.  It did it like 3 times in the initial first few days of owning the computer, but I thought if I set it up and did all the various updating, perhaps that's all it would needed.  It then worked flicker-free for a month, and now yesterday it flickered again.  Checked updates and some other problem-solving software/utilities, but again today it happened again.  This is a full-screen flickering with hundreds of broken lines, white/black/color.  I suppose I should just send it in under warranty?  I hate re-setting up computers though.  I had to do that on my wifes just recently as well, but due to a different issue.    Also, I have a video of the flickering but there is not option to post this.

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 6 (199 Views)

Re: Flickering Monitor

[ Edited ]

HI,
Welcome to the HP forum!

A dv4 would normally be a notebook.
Please identify your HP PC product with the p/n from the bar coded sticker on the bottom or rear.

regards,
erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
sgim43
Message 3 of 6 (191 Views)

It's a dm4-2070us

Product: LW475UA#ABA

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 6 (186 Views)

Hi,

Thanks!

The flickering indicates a problem with the display or other hardware in the notebook it must be repaired at a service center. Contact HP for warranty service.

Best regards,
erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having

Top Student
LisaN65
Message 5 of 6 (177 Views)

I have done this with mine and it still doesn't work.  HP will not get back to me.  I've made multiple calls and no returns.

Provost
erico
Message 6 of 6 (168 Views)

There is an option of postng the video to YouTube or another online video /image site and putting a link to it in a post in your thread.

regards,

erico

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation