Flickering Monitor (188 Views)
Top Student
sgim43
Message 1 of 6 (188 Views)

Flickering Monitor

I have a new DV-4.  The monitor flickers.  It did it like 3 times in the initial first few days of owning the computer, but I thought if I set it up and did all the various updating, perhaps that's all it would needed.  It then worked flicker-free for a month, and now yesterday it flickered again.  Checked updates and some other problem-solving software/utilities, but again today it happened again.  This is a full-screen flickering with hundreds of broken lines, white/black/color.  I suppose I should just send it in under warranty?  I hate re-setting up computers though.  I had to do that on my wifes just recently as well, but due to a different issue.    Also, I have a video of the flickering but there is not option to post this.

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 6 (174 Views)

Re: Flickering Monitor

[ Edited ]

HI,
Welcome to the HP forum!

A dv4 would normally be a notebook.
Please identify your HP PC product with the p/n from the bar coded sticker on the bottom or rear.

regards,
erico

****If my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
sgim43
Message 3 of 6 (166 Views)

It's a dm4-2070us

Product: LW475UA#ABA

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 6 (161 Views)

Hi,

Thanks!

The flickering indicates a problem with the display or other hardware in the notebook it must be repaired at a service center. Contact HP for warranty service.

Best regards,
erico

****If my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****

Top Student
LisaN65
Message 5 of 6 (152 Views)

I have done this with mine and it still doesn't work.  HP will not get back to me.  I've made multiple calls and no returns.

Provost
erico
Message 6 of 6 (143 Views)

There is an option of postng the video to YouTube or another online video /image site and putting a link to it in a post in your thread.

regards,

erico

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation