Question

Student
kay44
Message 1 of 4 (1,109 Views)

Graphic Artifacts on sims 3

Hi,

I've been play sims 3 on my computer.. I have an Hp Pavilion dv6 series with switchable graphics. With the graphics card ATI Mobility Raedon HD 5650, I was told that it would run sims quite well. It has until today. I started experiencing graphic artifacts and my computer was told to be more than well equipped to run it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Kay

Honor Student
sosidity
Message 2 of 4 (1,080 Views)

Re: Graphic Artifacts on sims 3

I am having a similar issue. I have a DV7-4177nr with an ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5470 switchable graphics with 512MB DDR3 with up to 3197MB total graphics memory. All was well with the game until recently, now there are "streaks?" going through the game that were not previously there. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game multiple times with no luck.

Student
Shmack
Message 3 of 4 (854 Views)

I'm having the same problem. I have a Pavillion dv6z Select Edition. I have ATI Mobility Radeon HP 6370 DDR3 switchable graphics. I just recently purchased this computer and installed the SIMS 3. It says that there shouldn't be any problem in playing the game, but something with the graphics is messed up. I think it may be simiar the the "streaks" that you were talking to. For me, the problem isn't with the sims themselves, but with loading locations. The town looks fine, but to zoom in on a specific location, it doesn't always load correctly.

Honor Student
sosidity
Message 4 of 4 (850 Views)

Scmack, my issue was similar. I installed the game and it worked great at first. Then within a week, I started getting the spikes/streaks. The Sims themselves behaved normally, but the spikes/streaks were running through the homes and locations, etc. Shortly after my post I called HP for support and after trying several remedies that didn't work, we ended up doing a complete factory reset. I'd only had my laptop for a couple weeks so I didn't have much to lose. After we reset it, it was perfect again. So apparently, I must have unknowingly installed some software that wasn't compatible with the game. It has been great every since.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation