Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Did this issue ever get figured out? My G72 just started having this problem yesterday. I use this port a lot and it was one of the reasons I bought this computer. 

HP Recommended

Anything is possible with HDMI.

Maybe you just need to reset it all from scratch.

That would be the 'best case scenerio'.

Connecting Notebook to TV with HDMI

Note that the Computer should be Shut Down when the HDMI cable is connected.

• Turn off both the computer and the TV.
  • Connect the HDMI cable to the computer and TV.
  • Switch on the TV. Adjust the TV settings to receive HDMI audio.
  • Boot the computer to allow it to detect the connection to the TV.
  • Start > Control Panel > icon view >Sound >Playback tab > Select HDMI as Default Device > OK

If it doesn’t “take” the first time, REPEAT one or more times.

I hope this helps.

Say “Thanks!” by clicking Kudos Star in the Post that helped you.

Mark a Post “Accepted Solution” to say your issue is solved.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

hei,

my notebook model hp g62 ,my hdmi port is not working i plug in my hdmi no sound ,no indications signal plz help in detail

thanx 

HP Recommended

Hassan,

If you wish assitance,

Please Post your computer model and your Operating System

Here's help to find that the Product / Model.  Be specific

No serial numbers - that's private information!

Locate the Notebook Product Number

What are you trying to connect? 

TV, monitor...??  be specific.  Some TV's have issues - indicate model.

What have you already tried to fix the problem?  

Be specific - saying "I tried to fix it" is not enough detail.  Smiling.

HDMI Help Document:

You may wish to look at the following to help you diagnose and correct the problem.  At the least, this will help you understand how to work with the HDMI interface.  There are links in the doc to guide you to other troubleshooting documents.

Start Here:

About HDMI

Connecting an HP TV Using a DVI-to-HDMI Cable

Forum Posts:

You may find the answer here in the forum; there are LOTS of HDMI posts.  Almost everything that can happen has already happened to someone.  So a search on 'HDMI" to get started, then narrow it down once you've read enough to understand what you are looking for.

I hope this helps.

Say “Thanks!” by clicking the Kudos Star – it’s a reward and says a Post has helped.

Mark a Post “Accepted Solution” to say your issue is solved.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

The very same is true for the HP G62-445DX Notebook PC. No output after a few uses into a known workoing TV and cables. This problem sounds rather universal - HP should solve it without the users having to pay a $100 out of warranty fee or $15 per month for a year's service contract for their advice.

Has anyone heard from them as to what is wrong and how to correct it?

jimmie21

HP Recommended

hola, mi puerto HDMI no es reconocido x mi tv led, como lo soluciono? 

My HDMI port isn't recongnised by my Led tv, I´m asumming that it dosn´t work, how can i fix it?

HP Recommended
Yo tengo el mismo problema. Pudiste resolverlo?
HP Recommended

I have an HP Pavilian 15 notebook PC (E0M61UA#ABA) . Windows 8, 64 bit.

My HDMI port was working great until a windows update occured. (or so it seems) I finnally got it working again, how I do not know. Then a Monthly windows update occured again and I have not been able to get the HDMI port to work since.  Coincidence or some other underlying problem? I can plug a usb cable in and run it to an outside HDMI converter, then to my TV and after much hair pulling get video on my Panasonic 50" HDMI television. I just cannot get full screen video on my TV this way.  I just bought this computer a couple of months ago and would hate to have to send it in to HP for repairs already. Any help getting this problem rectified would be greatly appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hello unbeknown1. I understand you are having an issue with an HDMI port on Windows 8. Please refer to this thread where troubleshooting for this issue has been attempted: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/2785-73-windows-hdmi-input-issue

Let me know the results of your troubleshooting, and I will continue to research the issue in the meantime.

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I have a G72 HP laptop and a Samsung TV. There is an HDMI connection on the laptop and an HDMI/DVI on the TV.

There is also a 15 prong "PC in" on the TV. What kind of cable can I use to connect fhose two?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.