Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

hi there,

I was using my HDMI port to connect to my TV on my HP G62 Laptop, and in the middle of it playing, the port just stopped working... Very upsetting as we use it all the time. Any tips on how to fix this?

26 REPLIES 26
HP Recommended

Can you post the exact Model number of your notebook and the current operating system it is running on?

Is the HDMI port not working at now?

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
HP Recommended

Hmm.... Im not sure, where can I find it?

Its running on Windows 7, its definitely the latest model just got it in August.

HP Recommended

You will get the model info in bottom bar of HP support assistant or try key combo of fn+esc that will launch system information windows

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
HP Recommended
Thanks, It is a WQ841UA#ABC And running on Windows 7
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue out of my G62

HP Recommended

g62-WV689AV

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. HPG62 HDMI Port has been working great and it suddenly stopped working. I know its not the physical cable or the TV. I  have tested cable & TV with another laptop. Is there a utility for testing HDMI port?

Thanks

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I haven't tried to connect my laptop to my TV for maybe a year or more but when I tried it today it didn't work.   I dfid use it several times right after I got this G60-674NR  doesn't work today.    Seems completely dead.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.