HDMI connection is not working (4166 Views)
Honor Student
chandan_India
Message 1 of 5 (4,166 Views)

HDMI connection is not working

I possess a HP laptop Pavilion DV4 1411TU  and the operating system is Windows Vista.

I am trying to connect my Sony LCD with this laptop through a HDMI cable, the TV can not recognise my laptop and showing that no HDMI system connected. However I can connect the TV with my laptop through VGA port.

Please help in this regard so that I can connect the laptop with my TV through the HDMi cable.

Thanks

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 5 (4,165 Views)

Re: HDMI connection is not working

Hi,

Please download graphic driver from this site and install it on your machine  (select 32 or 64 bit then click Next). After that, check Nvidia Control Panel and set this up from there (right click the desktop):

nvidia_cp.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
chandan_India
Message 3 of 5 (4,141 Views)

Hi

I tried the same but it did not work. It states that the hardware version for the software is not available with the computer. Please let me know the software name and version so that the same could be checked twice.

Is there any option available to check whether the HDMI post of the computer is working properly or not , please suggest.

Thanks a lot

chandan

Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 5 (4,132 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

That is all I can see from HP support website. What is the version of your HDMI cable and what is the model of your TV ?

Please also try this. You may have to do few times.

• Turn off both ends.
  • Connect the RIGHT cable.
  • Turn ON the TV (before the laptop).
  • Turn ON the laptop. 

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
chandan_India
Message 5 of 5 (4,113 Views)

Hey

thanks for your support!

But it did not work.

My TV model is EX 500 and HDMI cable is also bought from your hp shop recently.  Now when I connect the same, TV is showing unknown format, but when I connect another make laptop with the same HDMI cable, the same is working peoperly.

Please suggest

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation