Question

Student
itsreardon
Message 1 of 3 (1,058 Views)

HDMI connection not recognized by my HD TV

My HP HDX16t notebook previously did excellent streaming internet movies to my HD TV and suddenly the TV does not recognize the connection.  I even replaced the HDMI cable.  My son's HP notebook is recognized by my TV when I connect his notebook to my TV.  Please advise?

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 2 of 3 (1,043 Views)

Re: HDMI connection not recognized by my HD TV

It's very difficult to tell what may have caused the HDMI connection to fail.

Finding a date in Windows restore when the HDMI was working will probably fix this. If it does work you have set Windows updates to manual so you have full control whet comes in. I suspect it's one of these updates or possibly some software that you may have installed. like a new firewall other then Windows.

Go to control panel and find "Recovery" click on "Open system restore".  Tick "Choose a different restore point" then next.

Tick the box "Show me more restore points". Choose known date when the HDMI was working.

Unlike an HP factory image recovery, a Windows restore leaves all your personal files in tact. It returns the registry to a point when the HDMI connection was working.

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 3 of 3 (1,040 Views)

Re: HDMI connection not recognized by my HD TV

Most of the time the issue is attributed to a driver issue. Reinstalling the Video driver should help...You can download it from here ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45017.exe

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation