HDX16 Screen gets permanent marks by keyboard (1702 Views)
Student
gunnycc
Message 1 of 3 (1,702 Views)

HDX16 Screen gets permanent marks by keyboard

I noticed 2 weeks after i had my laptop that the screen had a long line (looked like a scratch) 1.5 inch from the bottom horizontally. This mark looks like it lines up with the grill marks on the keyboard above the lighted portion. I sent it in to HP to have the screen replaced since i thought that it was an assembly issue. After having my case reviewed they actually replaced it without a charge ($417). It has been a week since I have had it back (and yes they wiped my hard drive) now I am starting to get the marks again. Someone else on the internet also had the same problem with key marks embedded on their screen. Does anyone else get the same problem and is HP going to do a recall on this problem. In the meantime I am going to have to put a cloth on my keys EVERYTIME that i close the laptop. This is not professional though. I was going to buy a dell and bought this instead. WOW - am i kicking myself!!! Nice laptop it is just that the screen is going to get permanently marked. I cannot believe that NO one at HP caught or foresaw this problem. Terrible quality control!

Master's Graduate
bwolper
Message 2 of 3 (1,662 Views)

Re: HDX16 Screen gets permanent marks by keyboard

I have read this a problem with this model of laptop.  Some of the solutions I read were to use the cover of the keyboard that came with the packaging or buy a keyboard cover to prevent this from continuing.

I agree that it sounds like a design flaw and should be addressed by HP.

In this forum, clicking on Kudos is a great way of saying thanks.  :smileywink:

Top Student
gkory
Message 3 of 3 (1,491 Views)

Re: HDX16 Screen gets permanent marks by keyboard

Just so you know, there are others who are experiencing this problem:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board/message?board.id=Display&message.id=5208&query.id=243050#M5208

Post your case #.  We are trying to do something about this!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation