Question

Honor Student
hp_2202
Message 1 of 3 (436 Views)

HDX16 display flicker

Hi,

I have an HDX16 laptop. A fw months ago my screen started flickerig. It has gotten progressively worse wide wild

flicker when the cover is at 90 degress or lower with respect to the base.

What I have noticed is that if I open the cover and tilt it open all the way perhaps to 120 degress with respect to the base the flickering stops.

As I progressively start to close the cover the flicker starts again. I have noticed that if I press the let bottom corner of the screen with my lefy thumb the flicker lessens. If I press real hard the flicker stops.

Any ideas?

Top Student
draftyJungle
Message 2 of 3 (344 Views)

Re: HDX16 display flicker

I have the same issue, I have an

HDX X16T-1200CTO

3GB ram

vista home premium 64 bit

I paid extra for the 1080p infinity screen and blue ray player.

I also paid extra for the faster processor T6600 2.2GHz

i've had this computer for some time now, in fact my extended warranty just expired however i might be able to tag on to the repair they made to my screen from when it was rubbing against the keyboard and got all scratched up.  I

I am to assume this is a hardware issue, to be more specific the ribbon connecting the screen to the mother board since at every motion in positive or negative arc causes the screen to flicker. either the connection to the mother board is faulty or the connection to the screen is faulty.  I don't want to take mine apart to check. $1,600. US is way to much to pay for this crap. This laptop is supposed to be amazing.

anythoughts?

Master's Graduate
Jolly_Rogers
Message 3 of 3 (336 Views)

Re: HDX16 display flicker

Please update the latest version of BIOS for your notebook from the software and driver download page of HP.com.

Also go through the following document to check if this helps:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01881110&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation