Question

Student
Abhi_Jai
Message 1 of 3 (3,910 Views)

HP 2000 - 2d49tu notebook pc network drivers for windows 7

Hi,

I recently bought "HP 2000 - 2d49tu notebook pc" and installed windows 7 but I an not able to find Network driver for this. I dont want to go with windows 8.

So can anyone please help me how and from where I can download network driver for ""HP 2000 - 2d49tu notebook pc" for WINDOWS 7

Thank you so much for your help.

Regards,

Abhishek

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 3 (3,905 Views)

Re: HP 2000 - 2d49tu notebook pc network drivers for windows 7

You will need to identify the network devices that are present in your notebook's hardware.

Do you know how to use the Device Manager to identify devices? Open the device manager and then find the network devices and expand that section. Right-click on the network device without a driver and select properties. that will invoke the Window as seen below. Select the Details tab and use the Property dropdown arrow to choose hardware ids. the PCI\VEN character string is what we need to identify the device and then from there search to find a Windows 7 driver.  (Is the installed Windows 7 a 32-bit or 64-bit variant?)

hardware ids.PNG

What is the installed CPU and chipset? You can use CPU-z to find that information.

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 3 of 3 (3,899 Views)

Re: HP 2000 - 2d49tu notebook pc network drivers for windows 7

Hi:

You can use all of the W7 x64 drivers and software from this model on yours.

DO NOT USE ANY BIOS OR FIRMWARE DOWNLOADS FROM THIS LINK

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5275...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation