Question

Top Student
WickedWolf33
Message 1 of 8 (205 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP 2000-329WM On Screen Display Stop working error

On screen display stopped and Message Service stopped working

I have a HP 2000-329WM with Windows 7 64 bit and ever since I downloaded .net framework so that I was able to download map updates for my GPS I keep getting these 2 errors.  Nothing seems to happen when they pop up just that it wants me to either check for a fix and close the program or just close program. The first time it happened my screen turn white after that all the other times it pop up nothing happened.   Also my HP Help and Support will not load at all.  It keeps saying not responding.  So I cannot do a tune up or update drivers or anything.

What is causing this?  Is it because the .net framework?

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 2 of 8 (183 Views)

Re: HP 2000-329WM On Screen Display Stop working error

I understand you are experiencing some error messages regarding the OSD and Message Service stopped working.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the HP Software Framework regarding HP Help and Support.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-98509-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

For the OSD issue, try the same with it.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-106851-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Top Student
WickedWolf33
Message 3 of 8 (174 Views)

Thanks for the advice but it did not work.

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 4 of 8 (166 Views)

How far back did the issues start appearing?  The best option may be to perform a system restore to go back to a date before the issue started occurring.  This isn't normal behavior for installing a .NET Framework update or full program.  

Since you already have the update that needed the .NET Framework completed, this shouldn't pose an issue.  

If you need the steps on how to perform a system restore, they can be found in the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/system-restore

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Top Student
WickedWolf33
Message 5 of 8 (165 Views)

It started right after I downloaded the Microsoft .Net Framework and the Garmin Express.  Actually I had the Garmin Express on computer 2 day on the computer before the error started. But I never had the problem when I downloaded the Garmin Express.   So actually it was downloading the new .Net Framework since it was never one my laptop to begin with.

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 6 of 8 (161 Views)

What happens after the system restore is performed?  If the system restore doesn't go as expected, it can be undone.  

Signature
Top Student
WickedWolf33
Message 7 of 8 (151 Views)

Ok I did a system restore from back before I downloaded the Garmin Express and Microsoft . Net Framework.  So far no OSD error but it does take a while before it starts showing up.  If this does work how do I get Windows Update to stop telling me there are important updates for the Microsoft .NET Framework since it no longer even shows on my add//remove program?

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 8 of 8 (147 Views)

If you no longer want the Windows Update, you can hide it per the instructions below.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ff382716.aspx

Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation