Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavillion dv1000
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

ISOmeone brought me this unit where someone has installed Win 7 and of course there is no support for windows 7 for this model,. Can yoou sugest Video and Sound driver please? Its running so slow 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The only other suggestion I can offer would be to download those files again, right click on each one and select Properties.

Then click on the comptibility tab and check the run in compatibility mode box.  Select windows XP, click apply, click OK and run the files that way.

If that doesn't work, unfortunately, you will have to either install windows XP, or live with the way things are now.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if the XP driver works for you...

This package contains the Conexant CX20468-31 AC97 audio driver for the listed notebook models and operating systems.

File name: sp29483.exe

You may have to manually install it if the auto install method doesn't work.

To manually install...

Go to the device manager and click on the Multimedia Audio Controller needing drivers.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and then at the bottom of that window, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Click on Have Disk and browse to C:\SWSetup\sp29483\hpa3080, and select the Conexant AC-Link Audio device from the list and see if the driver installs that way.

Then reboot.

The reason the PC may be running poorly is because you don't have a graphics driver installed.  The problem is, the graphics adapter in your notebook is not fully capable of running W7.

I recommend you force the XP graphics driver to install by using this method.

Download and run this driver.  If it installs the graphics, great.  If not...close out of any error windows.

This contains the Windows XP driver for the Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controllers in the notebook models listed.

File name: sp28484.exe

Go to the device manager and click to expand the display adapters category.  Click on the standard vga adapter.

Click on the driver tab, click on update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and then at the bottom of that window, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Click on Have Disk,and browse to C:\SWSetup\sp28484\Win2000\ialmnt5 and select the Intel(R) 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller from the list and see if the driver installs that way.

Then reboot.

If you get those drivers to work, that is the best you are going to get out of that notebook on W7.

The big problem is that Windows 7 requires 1 GB of memory to run,where XP only required 256 MB of memory to run.

So, the less memory that PC has, the lousier it is going to run on W7.

You can probably use the XP drivers for the card reader and modem too.  You may have to manually install those too.

HP Recommended

no sorry, did not work

HP Recommended

The only other suggestion I can offer would be to download those files again, right click on each one and select Properties.

Then click on the comptibility tab and check the run in compatibility mode box.  Select windows XP, click apply, click OK and run the files that way.

If that doesn't work, unfortunately, you will have to either install windows XP, or live with the way things are now.

HP Recommended

Awesome thank you, that worked when I tried it last night

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad you got everything to work.

Now, if you are not at the maximum memory of 2 GB (If your notebook has the Pentium M processor), you may want to consider maxing out the memory to get the best performance you can.

You can use the crucial system scanner to find the type of memory you need.

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/systemscanner

PC's with the Pentium processors can go to 2 x 1 GB of memory.

PC's with the Celeron processors can go to 2 x 512MB of memory.

Enjoy!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.