Question

Tutor
lordgalla
Message 1 of 3 (5,814 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP DV6-3019wm Laptop and HDMI out to LCD TV.Turn off Laptop Screen?

Hi all, When I connect my HP DV6-3019wm Laptop to my LCD TV Via HDMI and watch a movie,or Netflix stream,Etc.

How do I turn off the Laptop Screen,or close the Laptop cover? Without shutting it down.Is this possible to do on the Laptop,fairly easy,for watching movies on the TV,without messing up any other settings?. Plays perfect on the TV,but the picture is always on the Laptop also,at the same time.

Also,when windows 7 on the Laptop has all those popups down in the lower right corner,for windows updates,Hp updates,the HP Adviser,screensavers etc.Will this effect the movie as it is playing? or will I need to turn this stuff off? that would be a pain if I had to turn it all off,to avoid the movie being interrupted by a reminder that there are windows updates available.

Thankyou for any advice,help,etc.on this.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 3 (5,797 Views)

Re: HP DV6-3019wm Laptop and HDMI out to LCD TV.Turn off Laptop Screen?

Hi,

When connected to your Tv, hold down the fn key and press f4.  Use the arrow keys to select 'Projector Only' and hit enter.  You should now only see the Tv as the active display.  If you are watching a movie etc, you shouldn't have to turn off your normal windows notifications.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
lordgalla
Message 3 of 3 (5,759 Views)

Re: HP DV6-3019wm Laptop and HDMI out to LCD TV.Turn off Laptop Screen?

ok,thankyou.Fixed

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation