Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (155 Views)

HP DV7 HDMI Problem

I have HP DV7 1020ea and I was using it without any problems so far. 

I have never used HDMI out before because i didn't have to and i wanted to connect my HDTV

(Panasonic Viera TH-42PX600B) and a problem occured:
I see the connection in Windows preferences it looks just as everything should work properly, NVidia Control Panel says so as well. It just looks like the screen should be a 2nd display. But it's not. Apart from what my system say there is black screen on TV, no Audio as well. 
I did some troubleshooting. I checked other TVs and the problem remains the same. Loking fine in Windows but displays  saying No signal or such messages. Next i tried updating drivers, checked on Linux, not solved still.

I bought myself a monitor 22" to extend the display. I'm using VGA to DVI connector to use it. Works fine but quality it's not the best so i wanted to check if i can do it by HDMI to DVI and it says Check Signal Cable on the screen, just like with HDVTs.

I was searching on Internet hoping somebody have simmilar issues and found some people looking for a solution and having found none. Would you please give me any help? Laptop works perfectly all the time but thats the issue concerning me and  this is a feature i need now.

Looking forwards to hear from you,
Aleksander Hudzik

Honor Student
Message 2 of 4 (133 Views)

Re: HP DV7 HDMI Problem

HP Support Agent
Message 3 of 4 (124 Views)

Hi Aleksander,

Thank you for your query, I am happy to help!

I understand that you connected your HDTV with HDMI cable  and you had no signal on the TV.

Here are two documents that I believe will help.

Connecting a Monitor, Projector or TV (Windows 7) 

Resolving HDMI Display and Sound Issues (Windows 7 and Vista).

Please let me know if you require further assistance.

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Message 4 of 4 (102 Views)

Well, none of your links were helpful. It's some basic stuff people without any experience with computers should do when they got problems. I described my problem well enough to tell it's a connection with HDTV via HDMI cable. Can i get some serious help maybe? I lost my nerve wuth this problem so far...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation