Re: HP DV7 HDMI Problem (64 Views)
Honor Student
choodziopl
Message 1 of 4 (95 Views)

HP DV7 HDMI Problem

Hello,

I have HP DV7 1020ea and I was using it without any problems so far. 

I have never used HDMI out before because i didn't have to and i wanted to connect my HDTV

(Panasonic Viera TH-42PX600B) and a problem occured:
I see the connection in Windows preferences it looks just as everything should work properly, NVidia Control Panel says so as well. It just looks like the screen should be a 2nd display. But it's not. Apart from what my system say there is black screen on TV, no Audio as well. 
I did some troubleshooting. I checked other TVs and the problem remains the same. Loking fine in Windows but displays  saying No signal or such messages. Next i tried updating drivers, checked on Linux, not solved still.

I bought myself a monitor 22" to extend the display. I'm using VGA to DVI connector to use it. Works fine but quality it's not the best so i wanted to check if i can do it by HDMI to DVI and it says Check Signal Cable on the screen, just like with HDVTs.

I was searching on Internet hoping somebody have simmilar issues and found some people looking for a solution and having found none. Would you please give me any help? Laptop works perfectly all the time but thats the issue concerning me and  this is a feature i need now.

Looking forwards to hear from you,
Aleksander Hudzik

Honor Student
choodziopl
Message 2 of 4 (73 Views)

Re: HP DV7 HDMI Problem

Up!

HP Support Agent
Sparkles1
Message 3 of 4 (64 Views)

Hi Aleksander,

Thank you for your query, I am happy to help!

I understand that you connected your HDTV with HDMI cable  and you had no signal on the TV.

Here are two documents that I believe will help.

Connecting a Monitor, Projector or TV (Windows 7) 

Resolving HDMI Display and Sound Issues (Windows 7 and Vista).

Please let me know if you require further assistance.

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
choodziopl
Message 4 of 4 (42 Views)

Well, none of your links were helpful. It's some basic stuff people without any experience with computers should do when they got problems. I described my problem well enough to tell it's a connection with HDTV via HDMI cable. Can i get some serious help maybe? I lost my nerve wuth this problem so far...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation