Question

Honor Student
bucknasty87
Message 1 of 4 (929 Views)

HP ENVY 14: Can't switch graphics or bring up Graphics Properties

[ Edited ]

I was having some graphics issues in SC2 and either did not follow the suggestion I found online properly or it was bad advice but anyway here is what I did: downloaded driver sweeper, downloaded the latest driver for the 5650 graphics card(11.7?), went to ATI catalyst install manager and did Express Uninstall ALL ATI Software, restarted the laptop in safe mode, ran driver sweeper and deleted everything that came up for AMD (display) then rebooted into normal mode and tried to install the new driver but i got a message saying, "AMD Catalyst Mobility cannot be downloaded due to incompatible hardware/software on your computer. The version of your graphics adapter is not supported. Please contact your notebook manufacturer for a graphics driver update." I tried getting this driver from several different places but every time i tried to install it i got this message.  The resolution also only maxed out at 1024 and I could no longer adjust the brightness using the F2 and F3 keys.

So I did a system restore back a few days before all of this. Mostly everything seemed okay except whenever I right click on the desktop and hit Graphics Properties nothing happens, same with Configure Switchable Graphics.  Also, when I unplug the laptop it doesnt give me that message asking if i wish to switch graphics cards.

Student
a1saucy
Message 2 of 4 (925 Views)

Re: HP ENVY 14: Can't switch graphics or bring up Graphics Properties

[ Edited ]

how did you install the updated graphics driver, and btw I cannot play SC2 on my envy14 at all, says my graphics card is out of date, when i try to update from the amd site i get the same message as you did

Honor Student
bucknasty87
Message 3 of 4 (890 Views)

I fixed it by installing the stock HP/ATI graphics driver then the latest driver over it

Honor Student
platinums
Message 4 of 4 (782 Views)

PLease explain which one is stock and which one is plan.. links please

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation